Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:28:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion?  (Read 5153 times)
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« on: March 02, 2005, 11:06:20 PM »

I don't think anyone should use God or Christ for that matter as a means for political gain. It's morally wrong. Bush may be sincere and Hillary may also be. None of us have the right to question their faith. We don't know them personally. I would also like to note that Christ was a pacafist.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 11:12:29 PM »

Even in regards to health care, we aren't doing too badly. The vast majority of Americans are covered with health insurance, and even the uninsured can get catastrophic care at an ED.

Our health care is expensive, but it is the best in the world. Costs will come down when everyone stops demanding an MRI to confirm whether or not they have constipation. Our health care is as expensive as we want it to be. We want the very best, but we don't want to pay for the best.
So if citizen x can't afford that healthcare, and are in a life threatening situation, do they deserve to die because you are too greedy to contribute to the health of your fellow American. Hope you like your tax cut, citizen x sure doesn't enjoy his, because he's DEAD.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 11:13:54 PM »

He was just saying he was a pacifist. Which many Christians today are not.

The economy is also doing poorly in terms of job growth considering that large companies all over the country are cutting American jobs for outsourced ones. Call the number in your computer manual and ask the guy in India who just learned English to get paid the minimum wage if America's economy is doing well some time.
Exactly
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 11:20:37 PM »

"Don't mention Christ...I'd like to mention Christ was for Peace."

Which is it? Mention him for political gain or not?

Hillary's a political hack. We need an outsider. I'm gonna puke if I have to discuss Hillary for four to twelve years... no matter what she says about God. I couldn't care less.
I have nothing to gain politically by mentioning Christ was for peace. Since we were talking about religion, I just thought I'd throw that in there. I didn't mean to imply that people weren't sincere about their faith if they are for war. I apologize if I offended anybody.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 11:29:19 PM »

Convince a fraction of the people in law school to go into computer engineering, and we might not be outsourcing CE jobs.  

Citizen X can go into any Emergency Room and he/she will be treated.  They may be hounded  about insurance, but they will be treated.  It's the law!  Stop spouting the liberal mantra and read up on the facts.

Should citizen x go into debt for cancer treatment? Oh, by the way citizen x is my father. I don't need to read up on that, but I will ask my mother who works in an Emergency room at a hospital where the CEO gets a 200,000 dollar raise while my mother's sallary and benefit's keep getting cut back, what the standard procedure for treating their patients is.

J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 11:42:13 PM »

You can personalize the issue all you want. I feel for you, your father and your family. I don't know all the particulars of your father's situation, but did adequately insure himself. Cancer insurance is available, expensive, but available. I'm heavily insured, ad it is a priority of mine. I do without many things that most people would take for granted so that my family and I are sufficiently covered for most likelihoods.
First of all, thank you for the comment about my father. I shouldn't have personalized it, but it just gets to me sometimes. I just believe that healthcare should be given to all of our people, maybe it's a little unrealistic, but that's what I believe.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 11:43:18 PM »

Also, how did we get on the topic of healthcare and the economy on a thread about Hillary finding religion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies