Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:06:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion?  (Read 5171 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« on: March 02, 2005, 10:20:39 PM »

Let me guess, you've never served your nation in any capacity, have you?

Now that's a tired insinuation. Not that the Grand Old Party really honors service. Happy to defend someone who ignored his obligations, happy to trash someone who served and told the truth about that service.

I'm not saying you've done all this NDR, but the GOP itself uses the notion of "service" for its own political gains, or it would honor service without reservation. Limbaugh is the perfect example. What does he do when given the opportunity to bolster troop morale? He says, essentially, people back home wish things were going worse and wish that you all were injured more or dead more. Sick sick garbage. They're soldiers, not pawns in partisan debates.

Nice rebut on Iraq though. Too bad you then had to make it personal.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:35:36 PM »

Bob's blue, Jake's red...I'm so confused!!!
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:46:47 PM »

Bush hates trees, and parks, and clean air.  That's why he lets evil big business cut all the trees and pollute the air and actually make our economy move. If Bush cared about the enviroment he would've signed Kyoto and sent our economy down the drain.  That bastard
yeah, our current economy matters much more than that stupid old environment... if we have to screw up the environment at least we have a good economy... right?

Oh wait, the economy sucks right now
Actually, the economy is doing quite well except for the incredible costs of health care. Good economy...unless you're sick.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 11:11:29 PM »

Even in regards to health care, we aren't doing too badly.  The vast majority of Americans are covered with health insurance, and even the uninsured can get catastrophic care at an ED.

Our health care is expensive, but it is the best in the world.  Costs will come down when everyone stops demanding an MRI to confirm whether or not they have constipation.  Our health care is as expensive as we want it to be.  We want the very best, but we don't want to pay for the best.

I don't know anyone who has gotten an MRI for constipation, and I have every faith that the insurance companies will have something to say about those who do, but I know plenty of people with cancer. It's expensive. Insurance or not. I think they'd disagree with your assessment that "It's as expensive as you want it to be."Maybe the care is better than other nations, but it breaks or bankrupts hundreds of thousands. And if you go to an "ER," it's not free- only if you have no money (essentially bankrupt) will you not pay (since you can't), otherwise they'll come looking for payment. Just ask em at Frist's HCA/TriStar.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 11:15:56 PM »

"Don't mention Christ...I'd like to mention Christ was for Peace."

Which is it? Mention him for political gain or not?

Hillary's a political hack. We need an outsider. I'm gonna puke if I have to discuss Hillary for four to twelve years... no matter what she says about God. I couldn't care less.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 11:26:14 PM »

The unemployment rate is 5.2%. Historically, this is quite low. I'd agree that there are a number of things that don't bode well for the future, but right now, America's in pretty good shape.

Making our environment so it isn't conducive to bad health, as it can be in large urban areas, shouldn't depend on the economy. The money is neither created or destroyed in this respect. Just a matter of where it goes. One manufactiuring company's environmental regulation is an alternative energy company's gain. If fewer people are buying asthma inhalers, they can buy more CDs or candy bars. Protecting air and water might hurt one company's hiring practices, but the money goes elsewhere.

This whole thread is getting wierd.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 11:30:13 PM »

"Don't mention Christ...I'd like to mention Christ was for Peace."

Which is it? Mention him for political gain or not?

Hillary's a political hack. We need an outsider. I'm gonna puke if I have to discuss Hillary for four to twelve years... no matter what she says about God. I couldn't care less.
I have nothing to gain politically by mentioning Christ was for peace. Since we were talking about religion, I just thought I'd throw that in there. I didn't mean to imply that people weren't sincere about their faith if they are for war. I apologize if I offended anybody.

I wasn't offended at all. Just seemed that, in a poltical debate forum, you were being a little hypocritical in making a point that political people shouldn't mention Christ, and then you scored a debate point by mentioning Christ. I should've let it go, but didn't. BTW, the Sermon on the Mount is the best!
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 11:49:59 PM »

It was Jake- with a Dem label on his state. What was that about?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies