Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Biggest HP
British National Party (UK)

Progress Party (Norway)

Freedom Party (Netherlands)

Lega Nord (Italy)

NDP (Germany)

National Front (France)

Golden Dawn (Greece)

True Finns (Finland)

Flemish Interest (Belgium)

Danish People's Party (Denmark)

Sweden Democrats (Sweden)

Jobbik (Hungary)

FPO (Austria)

SVP (Switzerland)

Australia First (Australia)

Yisrael Beiteinu (Israel)

RNU (Russia)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)  (Read 5374 times)
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2013, 02:01:43 PM »

Interesting worst of the worst poll here, a whole assortment of far right to fascist/neo-nazi political parties across the world (mostly in Europe). Debate over which is the worst.. or rank them. All of them are ethnic nationalists, far right, racist, against immigration, against foreign religions for the most part etc.

my worst 3 are Jobbik, Golden Dawn and Yisrael Beiteinu in that order, thus my vote goes to Jobbik being the biggest HP.

Google can help with ones you aren't familiar with.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »

Jobbik in that they pose a genuine threat to Romania/Slovakia/Serbia, not to mention Jews, Roma, and democracy within the country.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:26:33 PM »

WI: Jewish Home
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »

HaBayit HaYehudi or Otzma leIsrael would both probably be better choices than Israel Beiteinu, which originated as a party for the Russian community but is transitioning to just a regular right-wing party. One Nation is definitely a better choice than Australia First for Australia. And that's just off the top of my head. The 'correct' answer is either Jobbik or GD, obviously, since they pose real threats to their nations' ethnic minorities, unlike some other parties you've listed which would merely like to. Voted GD, since I think they have a clearer path to power than Jobbik, though this is of course debatable.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 02:31:51 PM »

I voted Jobbik as it came to me straight away, though probably Golden Dawn in hindsight.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 02:43:48 PM »

Jobbik, Golden Dawn, the Israel far-right parties (although not necessarily Yisrael Beiteinu).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:47:52 PM »

Jobbik and Golden Shower are, you know, openly neo-nazi.

HaBayit HaYehudi or Otzma leIsrael would both probably be better choices than Israel Beiteinu, which originated as a party for the Russian community but is transitioning to just a regular right-wing party

Suspect the issue is its ridiculous leader and his tendency towards cartoonish populism combined with his rather undeniable personal racism. But I don't disagree.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »

Also, there are better choices for several of these countries. For instance, Lega Nord, while having some unsavory factions within it, is broadly a big tent regionalist party, and not nearly as bad as some of the outright neo-fascists in Italy.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »

Golden Dawn.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »

XA, closely followed by Jobbik. All the others coming far behind.

Also, there are better choices for several of these countries. For instance, Lega Nord, while having some unsavory factions within it, is broadly a big tent regionalist party, and not nearly as bad as some of the outright neo-fascists in Italy.

No.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 04:54:01 PM »

Jobik, because they have more influence compared to Golden Dawn. The BNP is pretty vile.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 04:56:01 PM »

Point taken, my criteria was not only being "far-right" but also having at least some influence/power.. so tiny neo-nazi parties or something with no seats weren't listed compared to say a Lega or Yisrael that have seats in their parliaments and extract influence.

After a couple of days I will make a runoff/modified poll on this once we see the choices people are voting for.

For example Jobbik, Golden Dawn and Yisrael have all the votes right now so they will be in the runoff poll and others can be chopped off that didn't get any votes.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 05:11:23 PM »

It's NPD not "NDP" Sad

(I had German couchsurfers over a few years ago, and were quite shocked at an NDP sign I had which also said "NPD" (French for NDP) )
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »

Why is Yisrael Beteinu the Israeli option? I can think of a couple parties that are way more repugnant and right wing.

Come to think of it, how are most of the parties options? Parties like Progress Party in Norway just aren't on the same level as Jobbik or Golden Dawn and it's a bit silly to lump all anti-immigration parties together.

I voted Golden Dawn.
freefair
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »

1) Golden Dawn
2) Jobbik
3) BNP
4) NDP
5) NF
Other's don't really belong on here, especially SVP who are a responsible party of government and can hardly be said to have hate-ified Switzerland.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »

lol
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »

1) Golden Dawn
2) Jobbik
3) BNP
4) NDP
5) NF
Other's don't really belong on here, especially SVP who are a responsible party of government and can hardly be said to have hate-ified Switzerland.

SVP was infamous for pushing for the minaret ban in Switzerland.. I think that qualifies as bigoted or whatever.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

Why is Yisrael Beteinu the Israeli option? I can think of a couple parties that are way more repugnant and right wing.

Come to think of it, how are most of the parties options? Parties like Progress Party in Norway just aren't on the same level as Jobbik or Golden Dawn and it's a bit silly to lump all anti-immigration parties together.

I voted Golden Dawn.

The "progress party" had ties to Breivik I think.  Again Yisrael was listed because of Avigdor Lieberman's absurdity and the fact that party has influence in the Knesset.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »

Golden Dawn
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »

Can I vote Yisrael but have it be understood to mean the (much more vile, still very influential in the Knesset) Jewish Home?
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:47 PM »

Yisrael Beteinu arguably has the most political power and the most potential to do damage of the parties listed. You have the added irony of a bunch of Russian immigrants telling people who were actually born there to get out of "their" country.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 03:50:03 AM »

Point taken, my criteria was not only being "far-right" but also having at least some influence/power.. so tiny neo-nazi parties or something with no seats weren't listed compared to say a Lega or Yisrael that have seats in their parliaments and extract influence.

After a couple of days I will make a runoff/modified poll on this once we see the choices people are voting for.

For example Jobbik, Golden Dawn and Yisrael have all the votes right now so they will be in the runoff poll and others can be chopped off that didn't get any votes.
Then why were Australia First in the poll? They've done  all, even One Nation have more influence then them, and they haven't had influence in years.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 04:26:30 AM »

Golden Dawn or Jobbik, although the latter has more influence, the former has worse policies. I don't think, as horrible as they are, Jobbik have proposed planting landmines on the Hungarian border, I could be wrong though.

Voted Golden Dawn.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 04:35:48 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2013, 04:37:25 AM by Fmr. Emperor PiT »

I voted Yisrael Beiteinu, being the most likely party to cause serious damage in the coming years. The numbers in the Knesset are pretty hopeless.
Zuza
Russian Federation
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »

Interesting results. 14 out of 17 parties (including NDP which is quite strange) received 0 votes.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies