Cleaning up the Airwaves: Pay TV and Radio

(1/10) > >>

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.:
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?id=2005030113370002099374&dt=20050301133700&w=RTR&coview=

Senator: Decency Rules Should Apply to Pay TV, Radio

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Stevens said on Tuesday he would push for applying broadcast decency standards to cable television and subscription satellite TV and radio.

"Cable is a much greater violator in the indecency area," the Alaska Republican told the National Association of Broadcasters, which represents most local television and radio affiliates. "I think we have the same power to deal with cable as over-the-air" broadcasters.

---

Looks like congress is finally listening to the parents of America!!!

Jake:
excellent

YRABNNRM:
Terrible. Please stay out of my tv.

Alcon:
Anyone who is paying for a television channel like HBO and objects strongly to its content is an idiot.

Come on, this is what the V-Chip is for! Let mature people watch shows with matuer content, and work on stopping kids from seeing them.

David S:
Sounds like another attempt by dead ass politicians to make it look like they are doing something good when in fact all they are doing is restricting our rights. If people don't like what's on the tube just shut the damn thing off!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page