www.OlympiaSnowe2008.com (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:34:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  www.OlympiaSnowe2008.com (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: www.OlympiaSnowe2008.com  (Read 3139 times)
Snowe08
Rookie

« on: March 01, 2005, 12:41:19 PM »

The campaign to draft Olympia Snowe is delighted to announce that, as of this morning, the first edition of our website is now available at www.OlympiaSnowe2008.com.

The campaign, which is not sanctioned by Senator Snowe, aims to encourage the Senator to seek the Republican nomination to be President of the United States in 2008, to promote the Senator and her views, and to build a national base of support for her candidacy. We aim to send out a message of hope to moderate Republicans across the country: we are still a part of this party, and our voice will be heard.

This website is being launched earlier than scheduled, following press coverage in Maine, New Hampshire and Washington DC's National Journal Hotline. Although we will continue to develop the site in the forthcoming weeks, we hope that the site as it stands forms a strong introduction to Senator Snowe, and we encourage comments and views to be sent to feedback@olympiasnowe2008.com.
Snowe08
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 01:02:15 PM »

By comparison to many of the elements in the current party leadership, for sure - but I consider myself to Sen. Snowe's right on a lot of issues. There are things which I don't agree with her on, but I trust her judgement, I trust her to do the right thing, and I believe that she's what America and the Republican party needs in 2008. Tongue
Snowe08
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 11:12:02 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2005, 11:15:18 AM by Snowe08 »

Let's be honest.  She has no chance of winning the nomination.
Maybe, maybe not - but I don't measure the value of the effort by the chance of success. We should always leave the nomination process united behind one nominee, but I think that it's right and appropriate that we go into the process with idealism, optimism, and supporting our preferred candidate.

In my case, that's Senator Snowe, even allowing that she's a bit to my left, politically. I was delighted when other people started to come on board at the campaign, and we are finding that there's a fairly decent constituency for her candidacy, as well. Smiley

I've been kind of surprised by how many people in various places have said that they'd be horrified of the idea of her even running. Of course, I fully expect people to disagree with Snowe and to oppose her (I would worry that we were doing something wrong if we weren't getting ripped on by the Freepers) - but it seems to me that, if you dislike Olympia Snowe and her views so viscerally, you'd WANT her to seek the nomination, just so that you can vote against her?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies