Tears of God miraculously seen dripping from tree. Sadly, it's actually bug piss
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:08:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Tears of God miraculously seen dripping from tree. Sadly, it's actually bug piss
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tears of God miraculously seen dripping from tree. Sadly, it's actually bug piss  (Read 1150 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2013, 05:43:01 AM »
« edited: August 12, 2013, 05:52:23 AM by Joe Republic »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This level of delusion is really quite sad.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:03:06 AM »

"I can tell you looking at it from a scientific standpoint and a spiritual standpoint it is the work of God manifesting here on earth," Ybarra said.

This level of delusion is really quite sad.
[/quote]

She can call it the work of god all she wants from a spiritual standpoint. She cannot say that it is from a scientific standpoint; that's what's sadly delusional.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 08:58:29 AM »

I say this as a Christian and someone who very much believes in God, I don't generally buy into this stuff, whether it's the Virgin Mary's face on a grilled cheese sandwich, or Mother Teresa's face on a cinnamon bun, or this.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »

I say this as a Christian and someone who very much believes in God, I don't generally buy into this stuff, whether it's the Virgin Mary's face on a grilled cheese sandwich, or Mother Teresa's face on a cinnamon bun, or this.

But you have to admit, grilled cheese and cinnamon buns are gifts of God, no?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »

Great topic, Joe R. What's also sad is that she apparently needs to believe in something like this that badly in order to emotionally stabilize her life. It's really just so hard for some folks to be rational about things, because if there is to be faith in anything it's medicine.

Similarly, though, I was reminded of this story in which a man faced criminal charges in Mumbai for offering a prosaic explanation behind a weeping statue. Turns out it was sewage water, and not holy tears of the Lord! It sounds like they collected it and distributed it! :/

It's one thing to have an overactive imagination / fantasy life, but another to let it cloud reality.  
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »

Cinnamon buns are clearly made by the devil, as they contain a ludicrous amount of calories. They are there to lead us into temptation and God punishes us by adding to our rotundness. Abstain from cinnamon buns and their ilk and you shall be thin, so sayeth the Lord.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »

Cinnamon buns are clearly made by the devil, as they contain a ludicrous amount of calories. They are there to lead us into temptation and God punishes us by adding to our rotundness. Abstain from cinnamon buns and their ilk and you shall be thin, so sayeth the Lord.

The good Lord did not make calories so that we may abstain from them, my good sir.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 09:15:56 AM »

This is pretty much what many in my church would say, although they would add meat to the list as well.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »

The good Lord did not make calories so that we may abstain from them, my good sir.

Like wine he does not intend us to overindulge in calories either. Cinnamon buns contain little nutritional value to speak of and excessive amounts of calories - they are of the devil. Repent!
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 12:17:58 AM »

I can't tell if people are crazy or trying to score political points.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »

It's called humor.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »

Some girls just want to someone to piss on their face so badly, they'll believe anything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies