How did Wisconsin's Biggest Cities Vote in 2012? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:28:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did Wisconsin's Biggest Cities Vote in 2012? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did Wisconsin's Biggest Cities Vote in 2012?  (Read 3346 times)
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« on: August 10, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »

Interesting.

Do you know what the largest non-suburb Romney won was? (As in, the largest city at the core of a metropolitan or micropolitan area).

I have a similar list like this for California's 30 largest cities. I could post it here.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »

Interesting.

Do you know what the largest non-suburb Romney won was? (As in, the largest city at the core of a metropolitan or micropolitan area).

I have a similar list like this for California's 30 largest cities. I could post it here.

I don't think there was a big city/area that voted for Romney, really in Wisconsin Romney only won suburbs and rural areas within counties, and Obama wins big cities and villages in the heart of most counties. The biggest city to vote Romney was Waukesha, but then again that's kind of a suburb. What cities in your state voted Obama (2012) besides Salt Lake City, Summit Park, Park City? Was there any suburbs of Salt Lake City that voted for Obama?

I'm pretty certain the only suburb in Utah to vote for Obama in 2012 would be South Salt Lake, which was 61 percent Obama in 2008, meaning even if it swung as much as the county, it still would have narrowly gone for Obama.

Obama narrowly prevailed in some of Salt Lake County's other suburbs in 2008, including very narrow victories in West Valley City, Magna, Kearns, and Murray. He also won Milcreek by a few points, but it probably flipped to Romney in 2012. Although not a suburb, he also came within a hair of winning Ogden in 2008, only losing 49-47.

As for other towns, I'm very certain Obama won the rural eastern part of SL County, which includes the town of Alta and Emigration Canyon Township/CDP. I have confirmed via precinct results that Obama won Springdale and Rockville, two very small towns in Washington County, just outside Zion National Park. He might have won Moab, but I'm not sure. I think he also won Castle Valley (a town in Grand County that was 65 percent Obama in 2008) and possibly Torrey (a very small town just outside Capitol Reef National Park). And, of course, Obama won every settlement inside the Navajo Indian reservation in San Juan County, and all by large margins.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies