Damning indictment of the President by YT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:05:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Damning indictment of the President by YT
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Damning indictment of the President by YT  (Read 652 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2023, 12:23:32 AM »

As an office-holder, I believe part of my job is informing the public about important developments. So when my source showed me this screenshot, I knew I had to share it.

This is shocking.

Firstly, we need the Governor to step up and finally explain what he's doing. He has caused enough uncertainty for people already. What kind of person could even think of undermining the Union in such a reckless and casual way? This screeching U-turn wrecks his credibility, but people can still be deeply worried by him saying it was done "for the time being."

Secondly, this shows he went ahead with it because he could count on a lack of federal opposition. Whether the President gave him good reason to believe this or not is beside the point-it confirms just how soft they have been on this threat. If confirmed, it would also mean that the mere election of a Labor President saved Atlasia.

We're happy to accept these pro-Union credentials, and this stark contrast between parties shows how out of date it is to bring up the Kansas Crisis beyond remembering ancient history.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 01:08:41 AM »

Yawn

An aside though, if AFE (or whomever Labor Senator it was, AFE was the first name mentioned by Weatherboy) and yourself, because that’s your “source” thinks a screen grab is amusing, then that’s fine.

You’re reaching, plain as day, it’s funny you took the time to write that considering I’m not going to read the whole thing and no one else is.

Reveal yourself attention seeker!

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:40:02 AM »

Deeply disturbing!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 01:52:47 AM »

Ftr I will not hesitate to do anything I must to save the union. But nice to see governor YT waving the white flag in advance, cool heads have prevailed! Smiley
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:59:53 AM »

this shows he went ahead with it because he could count on a lack of federal opposition.

As this has been a fearfully busy few days it should also be said that I have no objection to “opening negotiations” in case YT is thinking of blowing up my DMs further, but number one, you’ll have to wait a bit longer, and number two, no independence, just putting that out right now. The concept makes no sense to me and I do not intend to cross that line. More to come!

Quote from: directive 2023-02-02
Not So Fast Directive
1. The Department of Internal Affairs does not recognize the Southern region as being sovereign.
2. The Department of Internal Affairs does not recognize Southern executive orders 021 and 022 as legitimate.
3. The Department of Internal Affairs shall continue to offer services to Atlasian citizens in the Southern region.
4. The Department of Internal Affairs shall continue to provide funding to entities in the Southern region that are eligible and shall refuse any attempt to return payments.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 036

By the powers vested in me by the Southern Constitution, and through the mandate of the Southern people, I hereby declare the following:

1. Executive Order 009 is hereby rescinded

2. Executive Order 022 is hereby rescinded.

It is so ordered.

x Young Texan

Big if true!

It takes two to tango. We didn't tango with “secession”, we made it quite clear that we were not going to play ball with that. I talked plenty with YT about all this, when I did not have the opportunity to do so with WD and pals or with Crane to ease whatever mad impulse put them up to deciding the country could be gambled with. There's no alternative to being sensible here. Tack agrees so I’m sure he also won't be as willing to be as cavalier with people's lives as the last administration to float invading the South.

We've been very clear where the federal government stands on this, that does not change if YT thinks less of me or anyone else personally or whatever. The last person to open the secession kettle of fish thought I was a wet wipe who would be triggered if he wrote a story about Taiwan unilaterally surrendering.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 03:59:00 AM »

Yawn

An aside though, if AFE (or whomever Labor Senator it was, AFE was the first name mentioned by Weatherboy) and yourself, because that’s your “source” thinks a screen grab is amusing, then that’s fine.

You’re reaching, plain as day, it’s funny you took the time to write that considering I’m not going to read the whole thing and no one else is.

Reveal yourself attention seeker!

You can't be bothered to read it, yet still had a meltdown on Discord over it.

Also, based on your claims of who supplied it, this only confirms you copypasta'd that message to multiple people.

Atlasians deserve to know: how many people did you try to backtrack on your recent actions with in the past day? Two? Five? Twenty?

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 07:19:51 AM »

It's all worth delivering Greenland for the South! So much winning!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 09:03:55 AM »

YT asked a question, therefore Cao is bad?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 01:11:23 PM »

Perhaps now would be a good time to address the South’s legislation that nullifies federal law…
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 01:21:49 PM »

Y'all got a discord server?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 01:22:37 PM »

https://discord.gg/P9kRqMsh
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 04:40:11 PM »

Perhaps now would be a good time to address the South’s legislation that nullifies federal law…

Which? We got the federal law changed to what we wanted on masks, vaccines, guns, banking, social media, trucking, bankruptcy, debt collection ... i think all our nullifications under the Truman doctrine are null now.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2023, 03:37:04 PM »

Gracias a dios por el excelentísimo señor tack50 y sus esfuerzos en proteger nuestra republica y suyas sagradas tradiciones! Viva Atlasia!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies