a question to ponder....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:06:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  a question to ponder....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: a question to ponder....  (Read 8019 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2005, 11:22:41 AM »

Condi's biggest weakness is she has never held elective office. If she wasn't black or a womahn, no one would've thrown her name out at all. She's a gimmick candidate, but I really doubt she'll run.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2005, 11:32:12 AM »

Condi's biggest weakness is she has never held elective office. If she wasn't black or a womahn, no one would've thrown her name out at all. She's a gimmick candidate, but I really doubt she'll run.

Plus, shes uncharismatic and broing as hell.  I cant watch her speak for anymore than 2-3 minutes at a time.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2005, 02:20:27 PM »

Condi would get no higher percentage of the black vote than any other Republican.

It's been proven in the past: the Republicans running a black candidate does not get them any higher percentage of the black vote.

P.S. Kerry would've still won my state without a single black vote.

But he would have lost PA, WI, MI, IL, MD, NJ, DE
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2005, 02:35:23 PM »

Not at all, why would I be?  But I agree with Lewis Trondheim that 1865 would've been the best time.  I would have indentured Southern Whites for 20-40 years in servitude to Blacks. 

Since we failed to do that, giving each black person say $100-200K or so over time, taxed away from the top 5% of the economic heirarchy, would be a good idea.  That should be in addition to the generous welfare state that should be implemented for all poor americans.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2005, 02:39:10 PM »

Not at all, why would I be?  But I agree with Lewis Trondheim that 1865 would've been the best time.  I would have indentured Southern Whites for 20-40 years in servitude to Blacks. 

Since we failed to do that, giving each black person say $100-200K or so over time, taxed away from the top 5% of the economic heirarchy, would be a good idea.  That should be in addition to the generous welfare state that should be implemented for all poor americans.

hey opebo, im a white southerner, and guess what i never owned any damn slaves.  why should i pay *NON-SLAVES* one cent?

i dont owe them anything.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2005, 02:41:34 PM »

Hey opebo, you are a white southerner from a border state.

Enjoy your 20-40 years in servitude to blacks.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »

and opebo you really need to get over your continual bashing of white southerners.

most of my family comes from a rather meager background.  they werent oppressing anyone, they didnt have the ability to do so even if they wanted to.

i dont know much about your background  you do, however, always throw up the fact that you come from a lot of money.  it is more probable that your family oppressed poor folks and minorities more than my family ever did.

get over yourself and this ridiculous bashing of white southerners.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »

Opebo,

I had five ancestors killed in the Civil War--3 Confederates and 2 Unionists.  @ more of my Confederate ancestors were wounded, and all of them lost their farms due to taxes during the Reconstruction.

While the 40 acres and a mule may not have gone to a freed slave, it didn't stay in the family either.  My family, from both sides of the Mason-Dixon, HAS paid reparations, and I sure as hell won't pay any more.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies