The 7 most dysfunctional state parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:19:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The 7 most dysfunctional state parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The 7 most dysfunctional state parties  (Read 1897 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 01:26:28 AM »

I'd definitely put my state's GOP up there. They got nearly 3/4 of both houses. Instead of using their power responsibly, they've governed it like North Carolina on steroids. They passed a bill saying that all legislation must include a quote from the Magna Carta, they tried to strip the judicial branch of the power to decide whether laws are constitutional or not, and referred to women as "vaginas". Hell, one of my friends is close to a state representative who became famous for accompanying Orly Taitz to one of her petitions.

Their actions were rewarded, and they ended up losing both Congressional seats, the House of Representatives, and came 60 votes away from losing the Senate. They're actually nominating the Speaker that presided over the clusterf(inks) formerly known as my state legislature, and one of their prospective gubernatorial nominees (and the Senator who just scraped by) compared Obamacare to the San Francisco plane crash. In other news, some Free Stater said that women don't leave because they "might like being in abusive relationships", and of course, there's Stella Tremblay.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 04:48:50 AM »

I'd definitely put my state's GOP up there. They got nearly 3/4 of both houses. Instead of using their power responsibly, they've governed it like North Carolina on steroids. They passed a bill saying that all legislation must include a quote from the Magna Carta, they tried to strip the judicial branch of the power to decide whether laws are constitutional or not, and referred to women as "vaginas". Hell, one of my friends is close to a state representative who became famous for accompanying Orly Taitz to one of her petitions.

Their actions were rewarded, and they ended up losing both Congressional seats, the House of Representatives, and came 60 votes away from losing the Senate. They're actually nominating the Speaker that presided over the clusterf(inks) formerly known as my state legislature, and one of their prospective gubernatorial nominees (and the Senator who just scraped by) compared Obamacare to the San Francisco plane crash. In other news, some Free Stater said that women don't leave because they "might like being in abusive relationships", and of course, there's Stella Tremblay.

...wat.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies