The most honest discussion about race relations ever
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:11:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The most honest discussion about race relations ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The most honest discussion about race relations ever  (Read 4352 times)
Link
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »

But here is the headline: young black men commit homicides at a rate 10 times greater than whites and Hispanics combined. When presented with damning evidence like that, and like the mini-holocaust in Chicago where hundreds of African-Americans are murdered each year the civil rights industry looks the other way or makes excuses.

Here's the video that President Obama made specifically for the South Side of Chicago specifically addressing the problem of violence.

http://video.suntimes.com/Obamas-Bud-Billiken-Parade-message-23774784?freewheel=58285&sitesection=chicagosun&VID=23774784

It's strange that concern trolls like Billo the Clown and internet racists didn't see it.  It's been up on a major newspapers website for months.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »

Summary of Arguments:
"LOCKING UP A MILLION BLACK MEN FOR DRUG CRIMES IS A GOOD THING"
"LOL WHERE ARE YOUR FATHERS BLACK AMERICA?"
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2013, 05:16:33 PM by Reaganfan »

Martin Luther King said he dreamed of an America where a person is judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I think a large majority of Americans do just that.

They'll vote for Barack Obama, but roll their eyes at Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton.
They'll watch The Cosby Show and listen to Michael Jackson, but roll their eyes at B.E.T. and turn off Eminem/Hip-Hop music
They'll hang out with black friends, but never would they move into a "black neighborhood".

If that's racism, then I'd be willing to bet 75%+ of the American white population is by that definition "racist".

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »

Martin Luther King said he dreamed of an America where a person is judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I think a large majority of Americans do just that.

They'll vote for Barack Obama, but roll their eyes at Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton.
They'll watch The Cosby Show and listen to Michael Jackson, but roll their eyes at B.E.T. and turn off Eminem/Hip-Hop music
They'll hang out with black friends, but never would they move into a "black neighborhood".

If that's racism, then I'd be willing to bet 75%+ of the American white population is by that definition "racist".

They'll read a thread about race relations, but roll their eyes at Mike Naso's participation in it
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 07:40:07 PM »

What about White people who won't move into places like Prince George's County?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

Does Naso know Eminem is white...?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »

AH HA! You obviously didn't read what I said. I said they were judging people's content of character. Doesn't matter the skin color. I never mentioned skin color. See?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »

Thank god for Bill O. For a second there President Obama got some people feeling a bit guilty for locking their doors and clutching their purses and following black men around, but Bill sets us all straight.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »

What's wrong with living in a "black neighborhood?"
cheesepizza
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: 4.33, S: 0.00

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »

Summary of Arguments:

Look, Bill was simply saying that these men are in prison because of their own actions.  I'm not in prison because I've never done or dealt drugs.  I've also never impregnated someone out of wedlock.  I take responsibility for my own actions.  Why can't the black community in general get their act together? 

The 72% number isn't mostly because of black men in prison; it's because of reckless choices in youth by both parties and men refusing to be fathers and taking responsibility for their mistake.  Bill O'Reilly is simply pointing out that the stupid decisions that so many in the black community make are responsible for the myriad of problems that they are facing.  Civil rights leaders, instead of addressing those issues, choose instead to blame white people.  The problem is, us white people aren't the ones forcing blacks to commit crimes or have unprotected sex out of wedlock.  It's their fault. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 12:54:44 AM »

Summary of Arguments:

Look, Bill was simply saying that these men are in prison because of their own actions.  I'm not in prison because I've never done or dealt drugs.  I've also never impregnated someone out of wedlock.  I take responsibility for my own actions.  Why can't the black community in general get their act together? 

The 72% number isn't mostly because of black men in prison; it's because of reckless choices in youth by both parties and men refusing to be fathers and taking responsibility for their mistake.  Bill O'Reilly is simply pointing out that the stupid decisions that so many in the black community make are responsible for the myriad of problems that they are facing.  Civil rights leaders, instead of addressing those issues, choose instead to blame white people.  The problem is, us white people aren't the ones forcing blacks to commit crimes or have unprotected sex out of wedlock.  It's their fault. 

You need to check your privilege bro.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 12:58:24 AM »

if there's one thing that Marxism taught me, it's that everything is related to every other thing.  wouldn't seem to be this particularly original observation, but, it's amazing how many people view these certain other people as these original, bred-in-a-vacuum sons of evil.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 01:38:22 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2013, 01:40:14 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

It is true that the no snitching culture needs to change.

This guy
1. Was shot while sitting on his porch
2. Refused to tell the cops anything because of the "no snitching" rule
3. Decided to sit the same place on the porch the next day

And they made sure to kill him the next day. I think he deserves a Darwin award.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Antioch-man-shot-Friday-then-killed-Saturday-4638443.php
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 02:27:43 AM »

What about White people who won't move into places like Prince George's County?

Depends what part of PG. But I live in a majority black upper middle class suburb of Atlanta and its just fine.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 02:46:22 AM »

It is true that the no snitching culture needs to change.

This guy
1. Was shot while sitting on his porch
2. Refused to tell the cops anything because of the "no snitching" rule
3. Decided to sit the same place on the porch the next day

And they made sure to kill him the next day. I think he deserves a Darwin award.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Antioch-man-shot-Friday-then-killed-Saturday-4638443.php
No, it needs to spread through rest of the society.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 02:53:24 AM »

AH HA! You obviously didn't read what I said. I said they were judging people's content of character. Doesn't matter the skin color. I never mentioned skin color. See?

Naso doesn't dislike black people for being black, you see. He just dislikes black culture.

White-acting sweater wearer Bill Cosby is exempt from his ire, of course. "There are good black people out there!" exclaimed the self-described non-racist.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 08:31:01 AM »

Yet he's the only white you mentioned? Because he takes part in "black music" I assume.

Also, you sure people prefer the "content" of Michael Jackson's "character" over Eminem's?
cheesepizza
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: 4.33, S: 0.00

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »

Summary of Arguments:

You need to check your privilege bro.

One doesn't need "privilege" not to deal or use drugs, have unprotected sex, or commit violent crimes.  No one forces blacks to do these things.  I will admit that their environment might promote this more, but that's the fault of the community.  Living in poverty really doesn't lead to any of these 3, and plenty of people who are poor haven't done these things.

I'm tired of "privilege" being used to justify bad behavior and trivialize good behavior.  Actions reflect one's moral character more than anything else.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »

Naso doesn't dislike black people for being black, you see. He just dislikes black culture.

White-acting sweater wearer Bill Cosby is exempt from his ire, of course. "There are good black people out there!" exclaimed the self-described non-racist.

Eminem is culturally black and Mudfoot Brown isn't?  You've got to be kidding me.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies