Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:43:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 151765 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 02, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »

I'm not sure I could even find 5-6 hours of things to watch on TV if I wanted to.

I'm wondering how it is even possible. What time does he get home? Don't most people get home at 6? That would be non stop TV watching from getting home until bed. Dear lord, that would make anyone brain dead.

Somehow I see this as Bushie's response to that...

source of the gif pls

I googled "thats it gif", hoping to find something else, and that was the best I could come up with lol
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1951 on: September 03, 2013, 01:03:19 AM »

we interrupt this boring saga to bring you boobs
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1952 on: September 03, 2013, 05:41:29 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  It is 5:30 am and I had a nice rest for nearly 9 hours.  I am ready and excited for a shortened Week 5.  I hope to make some good progress over the next three days getting into Lesson 5, or if I can, Lesson 6.  Lesson 5 is the goal.  I should get into Lesson 4 this afternoon.  I need to redraw one of the drawings I did yesterday, because I drew it in inches, not meters.  That might set me back 30 minutes.  I should still be able to take the Lesson 3 test before lunch.  That would leave the entire afternoon to start on Lesson 4.  Tonight, I'm leaving at 17:20 to pick up my cousin for a post-Kenya Missions Meeting in Edmond at 18:30.  I should be home by 21:15.

Duke, you said I wouldn't make it to school today.  Prepare to be proved wrong in a mere 8 1/2 hours when I walk out of the classroom today.  Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1953 on: September 03, 2013, 06:11:06 AM »

Any burger consisting of 1,150 calories has to be absolutely abysmal for your health. Hope they put a leaf of lettuce on there or something.

It doesn't matter if you ate burgers at home or at Braum's. It's all red meat, and they probably grill their burgers there anyway. Even if they don't, it's not that much different. You give your home cooked burgers way too much credit unless you're using 93% lean beef, and I am almost positive you don't.

Lettuce and suchlike is hugely overrated guys, and red meat is absolutely fine.  He just needs to eat less of it, and eliminate the bun as well as the fries and the sugar soda (btw kudos on eschewing those latter two items, Bushie!).
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #1954 on: September 03, 2013, 06:37:32 AM »

For real, are you dietary fat haters enjoying your Jane Fonda workout back there in the 1980s? Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1955 on: September 03, 2013, 06:44:04 AM »

Dad was too tired after working out in the shop for 7 straight hour

It's no wonder.  The guy works countless hours every week, runs errands, takes care of the property and home all by himself.  Even on his day off he works 7 hours.

When was the last time you cut the grass for him, or did something around the house, or God forbid - cook?

The man needs a break.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1956 on: September 03, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »

RIP pappa bushie
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1957 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:21 AM »

Any burger consisting of 1,150 calories has to be absolutely abysmal for your health. Hope they put a leaf of lettuce on there or something.

It doesn't matter if you ate burgers at home or at Braum's. It's all red meat, and they probably grill their burgers there anyway. Even if they don't, it's not that much different. You give your home cooked burgers way too much credit unless you're using 93% lean beef, and I am almost positive you don't.

Lettuce and suchlike is hugely overrated guys, and red meat is absolutely fine.  He just needs to eat less of it, and eliminate the bun as well as the fries and the sugar soda (btw kudos on eschewing those latter two items, Bushie!).

For reference, a Triple Whopper at Burger King is "only" 1,020 calories.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1958 on: September 03, 2013, 10:22:22 AM »

It's no wonder.  The guy works countless hours every week, runs errands, takes care of the property and home all by himself.  Even on his day off he works 7 hours.

When was the last time you cut the grass for him, or did something around the house, or God forbid - cook?

The man needs a break.

Have you ever stopped to consider maybe he likes playing in the shop?  He enjoys woodworking so naturally he enjoys playing out in the shop.  This was hardly work.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1959 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »

Anyway, it is lunch time.  I spent the first half of the morning going back over a few things in the Fundamentals as a refresher and then will finish Lesson 3 by 12:15 and should start LAP 4 by 13:15-13:30.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1960 on: September 03, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »

The man needs a break.

Have you ever stopped to consider maybe he likes playing in the shop?  He enjoys woodworking so naturally he enjoys playing out in the shop.  This was hardly work.

do you ever prepare your own food?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1961 on: September 03, 2013, 10:34:18 AM »

The man needs a break.

Even if he doesn't, it's not that big of a deal. When I go home, my mom basically treats me like I'm 12 years old and doesn't let me do much of anything except grill. Even when I'm just snacking, she acts like I can't even make a sandwich.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1962 on: September 03, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »

The man needs a break.

Or Cut the grass?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1963 on: September 03, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »

Occasionally
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1964 on: September 03, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »

Cutting the grass and playing in the shop are his release mechanisms.  He enjoys both activities.  I help with the food occasionally.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1965 on: September 03, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »

Duke, you are being proved wrong as we speak.  You said I wouldn't be able to make it today.  I am 3 hours from really proving you wrong.  Don't try to move the goalposts, either!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1966 on: September 03, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »

bushie when you lived in utah did you ever prepare meals for yourself?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1967 on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »

The man needs a break.

The guy works like a rented mule at home and at work, so yeah, I understand wanting to hide out for the day.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1968 on: September 03, 2013, 12:37:21 PM »

The man needs a break.

The guy works like a rented mule at home and at work, so yeah, I understand wanting to hide out for the day.

LOL

For some reason I imagined papa bushie harnessed and tied to a post in the family barn.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1969 on: September 03, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »

The man needs a break.

LOL

For some reason I imagined papa bushie harnessed and tied to a post in the family barn.

At least papa has Jeff Junior out there to keep him company.  RIP PAPA and JEFF JUNIOR. Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1970 on: September 03, 2013, 01:36:18 PM »

Bushie goes to school occasionally, works occasionally, eats occasionally, helps around the house occasionally, gets engaged occasionally...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1971 on: September 03, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »

bushie when you lived in utah did you ever prepare meals for yourself?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did.  Not very often, but I did occasionally.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1972 on: September 03, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »

Duke? Are you going to respond and admit YOU were wrong?  This is a two-way street here, buddy!

Haha, it was a great day at school.  I felt good all day and now I'm relaxing for a couple hours before I have to be out this evening.  I took the test for LAP 3 right after lunch and scored a 100 on the first try.  He went over my progress so far in the class and is very pleased at my progress.  So far to this point, I am pulling a 94% in the class, which is a solid A.  He says I am roughly 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule which will keep financial aid happy.  Because of the doctor's note covering Thursday and Friday he is going to strike those absences from the record, so instead of a 79% which I would have had, I now have a 90% attendance through August and a 90.4% attendance through today.  I am now nearly ready for LAP 4 test which I will take tomorrow morning first thing before moving on to Lesson 5.  I should easily be able to get into Lesson 6 on Thursday.  With this pace, I will be into LAP 7 on Monday, LAP 8 on Wednesday, and LAP 9 on Friday next week.  LAP 10 by the following Wednesday (September 18) and LAP 11 by Friday, September 20.  This will give me a week to work on the project at the end of Course 3 and should be able to start Course 4 on Monday, September 30.  The tests are straightforward out of the book and I am finding nothing really that difficult in the drawings.  They are challenging, of course, but with my knowledge thus far in the first month, I will have no trouble picking those up and drawing those according to scale and specifications.  I am really excited about where things are headed.

Again, a reminder, a Lesson is a LAP (Learning Activity Packet).  The terms are synonymous.  If I tried to explain what a LAP is on Facebook, I would probably have to explain it 1500 times, and I don't feel like explaining it to them over and over, so there I will use Lesson, on the forum since the level of understanding is generally quite a bit higher than on Facebook, I will use mainly LAP, but they mean the exact same thing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1973 on: September 03, 2013, 04:10:45 PM »

Yes, I was wrong. I'm glad to see you made it to class today.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1974 on: September 03, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »

Lol... Bushie just said that the majority of his Facebook friends are dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies