2008: McCain/Huckabee vs. Obama/Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:02:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008: McCain/Huckabee vs. Obama/Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008: McCain/Huckabee vs. Obama/Clinton  (Read 1070 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »

http://

I don't see the map being much different. Huckabee would've been better than Palin for McCain. I know Hillary Clinton is the one people are looking at to make the difference still. By 2008, West Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Louisiana were too far gone. Kentucky would've been out of the question. Mike Huckabee was also from Arkansas.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:39:55 AM »

I think this would help the republicans a little bit without national embarrassment Sarah Palin.

Changes:  Arkansas goes >60% because of Huckabee, slightly better margins in south including >60% in Louisiana, about 57% in Mississippi, and 54% in both Georgia and South Carolina. North Carolina tips to McCain/Huckabee. Nationwide does slightly better for McCain without Palin, however Alaska drops to mid 50's (Romney level) without her. Indiana just barely votes for McCain. However Obama does manage to do much better in Appalachia because of Clinton on the ticket. You can't see it, but McCain would probably get low 50's in West Virginia and about 54% in both TN and KY. Virginia gets slightly better for Obama because of Appalachia and Pennsylvania gets into mid-50's for Obama. Northeast, Midwest, and West all narrowly improve for McCain/Huckabee.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 01:52:10 PM »

Flipping the ticket would be more interesting.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »

Flipping the ticket would be more interesting.

You mean to Clinton/Obama right?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »

It wasn't Palin's fault they lost Indiana. It was the fact that the GOP slept on Obama's ground game here and wasn't as active as they should've been. Palin didn't hurt McCain in Indiana.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »

It wasn't Palin's fault they lost Indiana. It was the fact that the GOP slept on Obama's ground game here and wasn't as active as they should've been. Palin didn't hurt McCain in Indiana.

I agree on that. They outspent 10 times McCain and a Obama/Clinton would make them the lords of fundraising. I would add Montana and Missouri to Obama Column with Hillary and I would keep North Carolina because of higher women turnout.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 07:32:53 PM »

I agree on that. They outspent 10 times McCain and a Obama/Clinton would make them the lords of fundraising. I would add Montana and Missouri to Obama Column with Hillary and I would keep North Carolina because of higher women turnout.

I couldn't imagine a more expensive ticket.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies