Public Offices held by Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:54:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Public Offices held by Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Offices held by Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates  (Read 169647 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 21, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »

Also, as I recal, Jackson was the elected Adjutant General of Tennessee at the time of the War of 1812 which is how he came to be in command.  Used to be that many if not most States elected the head of their armed forces the same way you'd elect a sheriff or  coroner.  Now only South Carolina still elects their adjutant general.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »

Death to winfields haters! Great thread.

Thanks Napoleon.  Much appreciated.

I have put a great deal of time and effort into this thread, and I hope some have found it interesting, informative, and worthwhile.

There is a bit more to come in this thread, something related but different, when I can get around to doing it.

I like to think I have no haters, only misinformed, misguided, and misunderstanding detractors.  Smiley

I don't mind the thread just the decision to sticky it.

Why?  This seems like the perfect sort of thread to sticky.  Useful information on a particular topic that will be of occasional interest to people but which will not get many new posts once the data is compiled.  If we had more such threads, I'd sticky an metathread containing links to the individual threads instead, but we don't have them at the moment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies