Australian Labor Party caucus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:01:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Australian Labor Party caucus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Labor Party caucus  (Read 10181 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 11, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »

Given that I am not familiar with Australian electoral geography, I would appreciate if someone would assign me a suitable electorate Cheesy

Name: Gordon Menzies
Party: Labor
Mini Bio: Born Melbourne to Gordon Menzies, a Scottish ex-pat and financier and Sandra Pennefather, Gordon was privately educated at Strathallan School in Scotland from 6-18. He returned to Australia at age 18 for university becoming actively involved in politics. He graduated with a degree in architecture and was elected to the Parliament of Victoria in a by-election at the age of 25. He was elected to the relatively safe Labor seat of X in 2010.

To the right of his party, he is however an avowed social liberal and outspoken atheist. He has a slight narcissist. He regularly appears on chat shows and panel shows and has appeared on the cover of Men's Health.

Address: X
Electorate: X
Place of Birth: Melbourne, Victoria
Property Owned: Numerous.
Religion: None
Sexuality: Gay. Single
Addictions: Known to overwork and to bed hop.
Medical Conditions: None
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:17:36 AM »

Did you name your (left-wing) character after Australia's longest serving conservative Prime Minister on purpose? Tongue

Come on, I left out the first name Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

I'm sorry I missed the votes gentlemen. Toothache. Yes, toothache. No hard feelings...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »

Very gracious of you.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 06:57:12 AM »

Social dinosaurs belong with our opponents.  People who say 'lets not focus on the gays etc' tend to be the one's obsessed with it. On the matter of portfolio's I would be happy with infrastructure or health. But ultimately my ambition comes secondary to the party need.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »

As has been kindly pointed out, elections are not won in the inner cities, but in the outer suburbs, which are often filled with socially conservative and religious swing voters. Polling done in some of these seats has often shown opposition to SSM to be much larger than on average.

Mr Connor does not require a pet parrot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies