Liberal Version of Rush Limbaugh in Heart of Red America

<< < (3/3)

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자):
Quote from: Ace on February 27, 2005, 06:34:37 PM

Quote from: SE Gov. Ernest on February 27, 2005, 04:28:37 AM

Quote from: John Ford on February 26, 2005, 06:00:11 PM

In fact he's not even close to being all Democrat, he's just a William Jennings Bryan populist.

You say that as if it were a bad thing.  It certainly is better than the reincarnation of Woodrow Wilson we have in the White House now.

How the hell is Bush anything like that miserable progressive Wilson?

Foreign policy mainly, which is what both Wilson and W. will be remembered for.

Blue Rectangle:
He's not a liberal and it does not sound like he has much in common with the current status quo of the Democratic Party.  He is a populist who may have a fair amount in common with Rush.  I wonder if he would be as rabidly pro-Kerry as anti-Bush, had Kerry been elected.  I'm guessing no.  Portraying Schultz as some kind of liberal Democrat savior is ridiculous.  He broadcasts from Fargo, so what?  Rush broadcasts from NYC, is he a threat there?

Quote from: Frodo on February 26, 2005, 06:19:56 AM

Al Franken and Air America shattered the myth that liberals won't listen to talk radio.

Actually, liberals really won't listen to talk radio.  Many have tried and failed.  Air America wasn't the first to try and the jury is out as to whether it was the first to succeed.

danwxman:
Quote from: Blue Rectangle on February 28, 2005, 12:33:54 PM

He's not a liberal and it does not sound like he has much in common with the current status quo of the Democratic Party.  He is a populist who may have a fair amount in common with Rush.  I wonder if he would be as rabidly pro-Kerry as anti-Bush, had Kerry been elected.  I'm guessing no.  Portraying Schultz as some kind of liberal Democrat savior is ridiculous.  He broadcasts from Fargo, so what?  Rush broadcasts from NYC, is he a threat there?

Quote from: Frodo on February 26, 2005, 06:19:56 AM

Al Franken and Air America shattered the myth that liberals won't listen to talk radio.

Actually, liberals really won't listen to talk radio.  Many have tried and failed.  Air America wasn't the first to try and the jury is out as to whether it was the first to succeed.

It's doing quite well --- it's a huge money maker. Liberal talk brings in the 18-34 demo, which before never listened to AM radio.

Shultz talks a good talk...but the reality is he was/is a registered Republican. He's been on the radio in Fargo for several years, he had a stale conservative show with mediocre ratings. All of the sudden he "turned" liberal and how he is seeing major success. He is a lot like Rush....he is an "entertainer" and anybody who thinks either of these men are serious is...seriously troubled.

The Duke:
Quote from: Ernest on February 27, 2005, 04:28:37 AM

Quote from: John Ford on February 26, 2005, 06:00:11 PM

In fact he's not even close to being all Democrat, he's just a William Jennings Bryan populist.

You say that as if it were a bad thing.  It certainly is better than the reincarnation of Woodrow Wilson we have in the White House now.

I don't mean it so much as a negative, just saying that the story contradicts itself and that a true blue liberal could not get these ratings in the midwest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page