Gays as a voting bloc (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:52:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gays as a voting bloc (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gays as a voting bloc  (Read 1450 times)
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« on: June 30, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »

If I remember rightly the Republicans have held between 20-25% of the LGBT vote since 1996. Even Bush won 20% I think..
Although in answer to your question, the Republicans won't outright seek a group of voters when their current base is opposed to things such as same sex marriage etc. Also, from what I've read on LGBT forums when Republicans do endorse things such as gay marriage, many people are dismissive of their attempts, think it's mere pandering and/or say the GOP are the 'party of the rich' or some stuff like that. Plus at it's heart, the LGBT group is a minority, and a collective community, two things which tilt them towards the Democrats. Those who don't identify with this collective community are the Republican LGBT voters, and there is always a good quarter of them. Plus I imagine some of them are wealthy and socially secure, therefore they have 'nothing to gain' so to speak by voting Democratic. I can see the LGBT Republican vote gradually increasing though as time goes on.

That's just my two cents.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies