Gays as a voting bloc (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:29:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gays as a voting bloc (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gays as a voting bloc  (Read 1455 times)
kcguy
Romania

« on: July 01, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »

Black people grow up overwhelmingly in Democratic households and continue the family tradition of voting overwhelmingly Democratic.

Gay people grow up in probably a fairly even mix of Democratic and Republican households.  Politicians teach us to vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

For me, I wasn't the least bit political until my first presidential election in 1992.  Ironically, the two people who defined the parties for me were two losers--milquetoast Paul Tsongas and loud-mouth Pat Buchanan.   I developed a negative opinion of Republicans that year, and the Republicans have done nothing but reinforce that opinion in the two decades since.

I don't think Republicans can win over much of my generation.  The best they can hope for is to stop antagonizing a new generation every election.  My guess is it will take Republicans about 25 years to reach parity among lgbt voters once they stop shooting themselves in the foot, unless of course the Democrats turn stupid, which isn't unprecedented.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies