The Simple Truths Silver Mine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:55:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 121598 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 31, 2014, 01:43:46 PM »

"I didn't think sports organizations got tax breaks," said the most politically naive people in the world ever.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #401 on: January 31, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »

It's easy for white people to not buy into racial boundaries, because white people aren't constrained by racial boundaries.

Essentially, what this comes down to is white people being upset that there's some aspect of society (in this case, the language that black people use among themselves) that white people are unable to control, and consequently taking upon themselves the burden of regulating it. It's really for the blacks' own good, isn't it?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2014, 06:00:31 AM »

Each one that supports a political view that I disagree with, obviously.

Since that's what the thread basically was. Tongue
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #403 on: February 01, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »

Are we really advocating banning people because they happen to believe in a pretty extreme form of capitalism? Krazen can be pretty nasty but so can a ton of posters from the other 'side' and I don't see any calls for people who regularly call for the return of the guillotine to be banned.

That isn't why we're advocating for krazen to be banned. He obviously doesn't care about capitalism or Adam Smith or adhere to the Austrian school of economics. He cares about "moochers" and lazy people, with the obvious implication that he is slandering people on racial grounds. I've heard this language time and time again from racists, it's an obvious red flag.

Even if can just as easily be applied to people who are "white trash" does not make it okay. I think the only reason why people are defending krazen is due to the fact that the hatred of white poors is considered okay on this forum.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #404 on: February 01, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »

It's Sanchez, but still, credit where it's due:

The brutal silencing of enemies of the regime--not even for violations of the TOS--sets an awful precedent which will surely spiral into more executions of those who displease the powerful. I fear for my own survival on this forum.
This post is so awful that it makes me fear your survival.

The real irony is that Sanchez often writes awful posts and he doesn't seem to be worried about his own survival.
Not really, because my horrible posts fit the political nature of a privately owned political site, as well as reflecting my horribly distorted Randist vision of the real world. Snowstalker, on the other hand, sages on about how this website has become some horrible dictatorship, because he has confused Atlas Forum for reality.

Self-awareness of being terrible doesn't make it better. It makes it worse.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #405 on: February 01, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »

It's Sanchez, but still, credit where it's due:

The brutal silencing of enemies of the regime--not even for violations of the TOS--sets an awful precedent which will surely spiral into more executions of those who displease the powerful. I fear for my own survival on this forum.
This post is so awful that it makes me fear your survival.

The real irony is that Sanchez often writes awful posts and he doesn't seem to be worried about his own survival.
Not really, because my horrible posts fit the political nature of a privately owned political site, as well as reflecting my horribly distorted Randist vision of the real world. Snowstalker, on the other hand, sages on about how this website has become some horrible dictatorship, because he has confused Atlas Forum for reality.

Self-awareness of being terrible doesn't make it better. It makes it worse.

^^^^
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: February 01, 2014, 03:43:10 PM »

yes i'm a nationalist, and a syndicalist. i'm glad you can read
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #407 on: February 02, 2014, 01:54:57 PM »

They are little smarter then the Tea Party. The onyl difference is they got money and the keys to the elite club.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #408 on: February 03, 2014, 02:09:10 AM »

There's no such thing as an average black person.  Not all black people are alike.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #409 on: February 03, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #410 on: February 03, 2014, 01:44:50 PM »

I support messaging the Moderators and posting this publicly. Can a Moderator give a reason why that's a bad thing? A poster is simply covering all bases in case the complaint gets ignored via PM. Why is that a problem?

Notice how several Moderators jumped at the opportunity to blast Julio for making this public because it was supposedly a waste of his time when he could have gotten answers sooner. "Instead it took two days." But within a day, he got crap for posting this. Well, instead basing your post here on chastising Julio, why not sympathize and try to get him an answer? Sorry but "A Moderator might not see your post here" is a lame excuse.

The problem with these public posts though is it allows the Moderators to do their lecture routine. "Now, now, Julio. Instead of being a very bad boy and airing this problem, you should have helped yourself and done X." Basically putting the blame on the poster and totally shifting the focus of the thread. It's no longer about their inappropriate action; it's about the complainant being a bad seed.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »

I don't like it either. Gets under my skin. These liberals better simmer down the agenda or else there will be problems someday.

No need to start a race war, Naso. It's just a soda commercial.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »

I don't like it either. Gets under my skin. These liberals better simmer down the agenda or else there will be problems someday.

No need to start a race war, Naso. It's just a soda commercial.

I'm still laughing at this one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #413 on: February 03, 2014, 05:35:16 PM »

Context

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »

A fluke is the name of a parasitic worm. Her last name fits her well.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2014, 09:23:06 PM »

National name recognition is irrelevant.  For that matter, national polls are irrelevant.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2014, 12:33:00 AM »

A private company buys ad time from another private company and chooses to prepare some of the ad in a foreign language. That sounds like free enterprise to me.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2014, 04:24:46 AM »

The best example of false equivalence and fraud perpetuated by the Republican Party over the past thirty years was the convincing of a large segment of the American public that the Democratic Party is just as sh*tty as they are. It's also probably their biggest moral victory.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #418 on: February 04, 2014, 10:51:45 AM »

The problem is the moralization of a medical procedure that only affects women. And considering how misogyny and sexism are pretty big problems as is, and the overlap with the "pro-life" movement of those tendencies...

All of this is just irrelevant "please notice me and how progressive I am" stuff, though. I'm also not out to tell people they're not allowed to have an opinion.

The point remains that this is good news. If it was primarily a result of restrictions on abortion, then it would be chilling and worrying, but as the study explains, those laws only had a very minimal impact, and most of the decrease has been tied to reductions in pregnancies due to increases in use of birth control. Most of the decrease also came from "liberal" states. Abortion is never an ideal procedure, and hopefully someday we can reach a point where it never needs to be performed. No reasonable person would disagree with that. There's nothing there to be argued or quibbled with.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2014, 03:08:23 PM »

It's gone downhill fast thanks to everyone trying to have everyone else censored or banned lately.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »

Considering blubbs past record...I wouldn't rule out this being correct by the end of the week.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »

I'm glad we're bringing attention to the crippling problem of racism against white people.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #422 on: February 05, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »

A shell of itself compared to when I joined nearly ten years ago (The Golden Era). Seriously, the brats around here have no idea what they missed. I remember the genuine excitement and classic characters of this place from 2004-2007ish. Those were the days.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2014, 12:09:07 PM »

"Alaska's libertarian leanings" aren't a real thing.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »

I hate when something I support loses by -18 votes.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies