The '92 Vote: An Interactive Timeline [Gameplay]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:11:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The '92 Vote: An Interactive Timeline [Gameplay]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34
Author Topic: The '92 Vote: An Interactive Timeline [Gameplay]  (Read 73115 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: September 05, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »

Okay, here: I will give Oldiesfreak or someone else the opportunity to play Bush until tomorrow night.  Until then, no polls, no nothing.  If no one wants to play him, Bush will be withdrawn as a candidate.

This is just unbelievably silly.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #576 on: September 05, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »

To Oldiesfreak, with love.

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #577 on: September 05, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »

Outside observer here.

The Bush campaign has been incredibly weak this whole game. He's been running a general election campaign since the beginning and has put up lackluster offense against Duke for most of the game. On the flip side, Spiral has put a lot of efforts into his posts, and had Duke campaign by tapping into the Conservative sentiment against Bush (which surprise was ACTUALLY there in 1992).

Also competitive primaries are fun. Nobody wants to see Bush win all 50 states; that's boring.

My advice to Oldies: step up your game. You're losing primaries because you're running a bad campaign, not because people are bullying you.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #578 on: September 05, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »

Outside observer here.

The Bush campaign has been incredibly weak this whole game. He's been running a general election campaign since the beginning and has put up lackluster offense against Duke for most of the game. On the flip side, Spiral has put a lot of efforts into his posts, and had Duke campaign by tapping into the Conservative sentiment against Bush (which surprise was ACTUALLY there in 1992).

Also competitive primaries are fun. Nobody wants to see Bush win all 50 states; that's boring.

My advice to Oldies: step up your game. You're losing primaries because you're running a bad campaign, not because people are bullying you.
This
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #579 on: September 05, 2013, 08:26:57 PM »

Outside observer here.

This and Oldies you Won Illinois and are leading in the Delegate Count
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #580 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »

While I agree that Oldiesfreak has ran a poor campaign, I think how the media would portray a Duke campaign hasn't been evident enough...he would be eaten alive IRL, even if he ran a campaign that was 10x better. He really shouldn't win a single contest, especially against Bush, who was pretty popular within the party.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #581 on: September 06, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »

George Bush is withdrawn from the race.

Connecticut (Democrats)
Joe Biden: 38%
Bob Kerrey: 33%
Al Gore: 26%
Undecided/Uncommitted: 3%

Vermont (Democrats)
Joe Biden: 36%
Bob Kerrey: 31%
Al Gore: 29%
Undecided/Uncommitted: 4%

Connecticut (Republicans)
David Duke: 65%
Undecided/Uncommitted: 35%

Vermont (Republicans)
David Duke: 60%
Undecided/Uncommitted: 40%

General

Al Gore (Democratic): 41%
David Duke (Republican): 36%
Jerry Brown (Independent): 16%
Undecided: 7%

Joe Biden (Democratic): 37%
David Duke (Republican): 33%
Jerry Brown (Independent): 20%
Undecided: 10%

Bob Kerrey (Democratic): 40%
David Duke (Republican): 34%
Jerry Brown (Independent): 18%
Undecided: 8%

Round 19: March 18 - March 24, 1992 (Connecticut primaries)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #582 on: September 06, 2013, 08:23:17 PM »

LOL David Duke! This can't be serious...
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #583 on: September 06, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »

NBC News Alert: Sen John Danforth (R-Mo) Changes Registration to the Libertarian Party         

Today Missouri Senator John Danforth changed His party Reg to the GOP to the Libertarian Party Citing, the Withdrawal of George Bush out of the Gop Presidential Primary, and the Nomination of David Duke  as the Gop Nominee.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #584 on: September 06, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »

Well this is a twist if I never saw one! Shocked
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #585 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:22 PM »

Woah, Duke in 92 is a reality now... I wonder what will happen with Quayle at this point. Will he try a write-in campaign?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #586 on: September 07, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »

Joe Biden's Schedule: From March 18 to March 24, 1992:

Back to New England:

"We may have lost Illinois and Michigan, but our campaign keeps going! Polls show us with the advantage in Connecticut and Vermont, and those states will be our launching pad going forward. The Biden Express is ready to go to the next station, and I ask the voters of New England to take a stand with me. Let us change this race once again!"

March 18:

-Fly to Delaware.
-Strategy meetings at Campaign HQ in Wilmington, DE.
-Interviewing more advisers and strategists.
-Financial analysis with staff and meeting with potential donors.

"Folks, we have to change the way we are running this campaign. So far we have been running with a small staff and flying with momentum from previous victories, but we need to beat Senator Gore's organization. Otherwise, we're doomed. We are running the risk of burning money we can't get back, but we have to create a very powerful machine."

March 19:

-Fly to Washington D.C.
-Meetings with Democratic Senators and Congressmen.
-Preparing a more detailed platform with advisers.

"The race is very tight right now, and this might even go to a convention if we keep the three way stalemate. Should that happen, I want to hear your opinions on how a convention might go. I won't go as far as asking you for you support, but I want you to know that I'm ready to o all the way in if necessary. My campaign is not going to stop, ladies and gentlemen."

March 20: (With Frank Lautenberg, Daniel Inouye and Ted Kaufman)

-Bus Tour in Meriden, CT.
-Bus Tour in Bristol, CT.
-Bus Tour in Greenwhich, CT.
-Bus Tour in New Britain, CT.
-Rally in Danbury, CT.

"Raise your hand if you want the GOP away from the White House! Raise your hand if you're tired of the same old politics! Raise your hand if you don't want empty promises! Most people here want that kind of change to happen, which is why I need you to give me your help, to take a stand with me, right here, right now. It's not about money, it's not about influence, it's about the impression you leave on the voters, and I'd like to think that our campaign is your choice in the primary!"

March 21: (With Frank Lautenberg, Daniel Inouye and Ted Kaufman)

-Fundraiser in Stamford, CT.
-Fundraiser in New Haven, CT.
-Fundraiser in Hartford, CT.
-Barnstorm in Bridgeport, CT.
-Rally in Bridgeport, CT.

"Our campaign tries to keep a balance with the contributions of individuals and donors, that's why we hold these fundraisers, so we can avoid becoming the slave of corporations. We don't want to have the same problems that Senator Kerrey is having now, because it's sad to see a great candidate hampered by financial problems."

March 22: (With Frank Lautenberg, Daniel Inouye and Ted Kaufman)

-Town Hall in Stratford, CT.
-Rally in West Haven, CT.
-Town Hall in Milford, Manchester, CT.
-Rally in Fairfield, CT.
-Town Hall in Hamfield, CT.

"Day after day our economy grows worse, problems keep appearing, and America is unable to act. We have to change the way we do things in Washington, so we can try new ways of improving our country. And yes, I know some of you will say: But Senator Biden! You're a Washington insider! Yes, I am a Washington insider who desires change. And, just so you know, I'm one of the poorer Washington insiders... (Laughter)"

March 23: (With Frank Lautenberg, Daniel Inouye and Ted Kaufman)

-Voter registration in New Haven, CT.
-Voter registration in Stamford, CT.
-Voter registration in Waterbury, CT.
-Voter registration in Norwalk, CT.

"The campaign keeps on going, and I have a challenge for you, Connecticut! The GOP race is over with President Bush's departure, and David Duke of all people is set to go for a landslide in this state. But I want to show America that people won't go for a racist candidate. Even if you're a Republican, get out and vote for some of the Democratic candidates, even vote uncommitted if you wish! But we must overcome the GOP turnout, we must show that we can do it."

March 24:

-GOTV efforts in Connecticut.
-Rally in Hartford, CT.
-Fly to Delaware. CT.
-Watching results at Biden Campaign HQ in Wilmington, DE.

OOC: I'm running out of "young Biden" pictures...
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #587 on: September 08, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »

how about using another internets site like bing or yahoo… that works for me sometimes
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #588 on: September 08, 2013, 12:23:35 PM »

May you extend this by maybe two days? I've been considerably busy.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #589 on: September 08, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »

This is stupid.  I said it has to be realistic and fair to the players.  If this were real life, Bush would probably win every state, but what's the fun in being guaranteed a primary win just because you're the incumbent?  Look.  You can disagree with the rationale I use to pick winners, but please don't accuse me of bullying anyone.  If you want to leave because you lost one state, Oldiesfreak, then fine - but please don't ruin it for everyone by throwing a hissy fit.

It's.  Just.  A.  Game.
First, please answer my question.  How on Earth is is realistic to have an a state like Michigan that was very anti-slavery and has a lot of wealthy, socially liberal voters in the Detroit suburbs to vote for David Duke, especially when he was behind in the polls?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #590 on: September 08, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »

Yes, I will extend it...

This is stupid.  I said it has to be realistic and fair to the players.  If this were real life, Bush would probably win every state, but what's the fun in being guaranteed a primary win just because you're the incumbent?  Look.  You can disagree with the rationale I use to pick winners, but please don't accuse me of bullying anyone.  If you want to leave because you lost one state, Oldiesfreak, then fine - but please don't ruin it for everyone by throwing a hissy fit.

It's.  Just.  A.  Game.
First, please answer my question.  How on Earth is is realistic to have an a state like Michigan that was very anti-slavery and has a lot of wealthy, socially liberal voters in the Detroit suburbs to vote for David Duke, especially when he was behind in the polls?

You know what?  I'm done repeating myself, and I'm not continuing this conversation.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #591 on: September 08, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

OOC: Given that we have an extra day, could we have a national poll and a small analysis of the current state of the race?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #592 on: September 08, 2013, 01:59:12 PM »

I don't do analyses.  There will be national primary polls up tonight.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #593 on: September 08, 2013, 02:01:17 PM »

I don't do analyses.  There will be national primary polls up tonight.

Thanks!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #594 on: September 09, 2013, 08:39:32 AM »

Yes, I will extend it...

It's.  Just.  A.  Game.

You know what?  I'm done repeating myself, and I'm not continuing this conversation.
Believe me, if Tmth or Goldwater or even Cathcon were playing as Bush, they would've won Michigan.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #595 on: September 09, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »

Believe me, if Tmth or Goldwater or even Cathcon were playing as Bush, they would've won Michigan.

Yeah, they would've, because they would've run a better campaign.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #596 on: September 09, 2013, 12:17:11 PM »

Yes, I will extend it...

It's.  Just.  A.  Game.

Don't you dare put Cathcon anywhere close to your league. Cathcon is a legend, you goon.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #597 on: September 09, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »

Oldies, though your time ended, my Annexing Counties 3 started.... come in if youn want.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #598 on: September 09, 2013, 07:49:34 PM »

My schedule will be up tomorrow. This spot is reserved for it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #599 on: September 10, 2013, 12:18:11 PM »

Results for Connecticut will be up tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies