2012 White Vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:40:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 White Vote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2012 White Vote  (Read 7018 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 12:48:26 AM »

I don't think the GOP is more racist or anti-gay than the Dems. The Republicans just make stupid comments about illegal immigrants (who happen to be Hispanics) that has gotta stop.

The Hard-Right has to realize at some point the country is not the same country as it was demographically in 1980. They seem to throw the blinders on when it comes to that. I mean even the young people on the hard-right that are my age(late 20's./early 30's) I amazed that they don't realize that its not the same country demographically that they grew up in in the 80's and 90's. I graduated High School in 1998 and I even realize its a different country demographically. Maybe some of the people my age on the hard-right throw the blinders on because they grew up in the Southeast and they aren't many Hispanics in the Southeast US. They are a lot of blacks in the Southeast US population wise but those on the hard-right probably think oh blacks are gonna go 90% Dem so who even cares about the black vote.

Some of the sane Republicans  people my age do realize its a different country demographically on the bright side but they seem to be in the minority.

What about Biden's comments about not being able to go into a convenient store without speaking Indian?
He said something to that effect but remember he has a (D) in front of his name so the mainstream media will cover for him.

Exactly! Where are you from and what party are you?
Central NJ/ R-Leaning Indie. More of a Northeast Moderate.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »

I don't think the GOP is more racist or anti-gay than the Dems. The Republicans just make stupid comments about illegal immigrants (who happen to be Hispanics) that has gotta stop.

The Hard-Right has to realize at some point the country is not the same country as it was demographically in 1980. They seem to throw the blinders on when it comes to that. I mean even the young people on the hard-right that are my age(late 20's./early 30's) I amazed that they don't realize that its not the same country demographically that they grew up in in the 80's and 90's. I graduated High School in 1998 and I even realize its a different country demographically. Maybe some of the people my age on the hard-right throw the blinders on because they grew up in the Southeast and they aren't many Hispanics in the Southeast US. They are a lot of blacks in the Southeast US population wise but those on the hard-right probably think oh blacks are gonna go 90% Dem so who even cares about the black vote.

Some of the sane Republicans  people my age do realize its a different country demographically on the bright side but they seem to be in the minority.

What about Biden's comments about not being able to go into a convenient store without speaking Indian?
He said something to that effect but remember he has a (D) in front of his name so the mainstream media will cover for him.

Exactly! Where are you from and what party are you?
Central NJ/ R-Leaning Indie. More of a Northeast Moderate.

That's cool. I'm an independent leaning Republican.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »

Update: Now that I come to think of it, Arkansas and Tennessee have very similar demographics

Arkansas:
73.9% White, 15.6% Black, 6.8% Hispanic.
Tennessee:
75.1% White, 17.0% Black, 4.8% Hispanic.

And there about the same on the presidential level too...

Arkansas:
60.6% Romney, 36.9% Obama.
Tennessee:
59.5% Romney, 39.1% Obama.

Do you think it's possible that Romney could have cracked >70% in Tennessee? Romney for sure got >70% in Arkansas because McCain got 68% while getting 59% and black turnout was lower. George W. Bush got 65% of the white vote while getting 57% of the vote in Tennessee, also black turnout and % for democrats with it have gone up since then. I think he either got right over 70% or got close. What do you think?

Additional Note: With Kentucky I'm pretty sure Romney only got high 60's as only 8% of the population is black.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies