MT-PPP: Schweitzer & Clinton would be competetive against Christie & Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MT-PPP: Schweitzer & Clinton would be competetive against Christie & Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-PPP: Schweitzer & Clinton would be competetive against Christie & Bush  (Read 898 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »

Brian Schweitzer ............................................. 42%
Chris Christie .................................................. 41%

Brian Schweitzer ............................................. 48%
Jeb Bush......................................................... 41%

Chris Christie .................................................. 45%
Hillary Clinton.................................................. 40%

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 45%
Jeb Bush......................................................... 45%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_MT_628.pdf
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:20:34 AM »

Why are they polling a general election matchup with Bush and Christie, but not Rubio?  They did do a 2016 national poll before this one, which still hasn't been released yet.  (Maybe tomorrow?)  Maybe in that national poll, Bush and Christie are the top two for the GOP nomination?

Also, the gender gap continues to be enormous in general election matchups with Clinton.  But with Schweitzer, it's notably narrower.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 12:20:20 AM by PeteHam »

Why are they polling a general election matchup with Bush and Christie, but not Rubio?

Rubio may have lost favor due to the immigration/amnesty thing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 12:20:22 AM »

Why are they polling a general election matchup with Bush and Christie, but not Rubio?  They did do a 2016 national poll before this one, which still hasn't been released yet.  (Maybe tomorrow?)  Maybe in that national poll, Bush and Christie are the top two for the GOP nomination?

Also, the gender gap continues to be enormous in general election matchups with Clinton.  But with Schweitzer, it's notably narrower.

Rubio may have lost favor due to the immigration/amnesty thing.

Right, but how would PPP know that without a new national poll?  That's why I'm wondering if they conducted a national poll but forgot to release it:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=175579.0
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »

Those are pretty good numbers for Hillary, especially considering PPP hasn't been particularly favourable to her. I do hope she can get some strong results in the Intermountain West. Democrats winning four or even five of those states would be very significant.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »

Those are pretty good numbers for Hillary, especially considering PPP hasn't been particularly favourable to her. I do hope she can get some strong results in the Intermountain West. Democrats winning four or even five of those states would be very significant.

Would be, but is it over for the GOP in MT now because of a poll taken in 2013? I think it would be better to wait until the election and then see who wins.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 03:27:50 AM »

Would be, but is it over for the GOP in MT now because of a poll taken in 2013? I think it would be better to wait until the election and then see who wins.

...which is like saying that you might as well not talk about the baseball World Series until the last out is made.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 12:13:49 AM »

...which is like saying that you might as well not talk about the baseball World Series until the last out is made.

It's like talking about it before knowing the playoff teams though as the primaries haven't even started yet. Most states start out close and then move apart if they aren't already battleground states. Maybe I was being a grump before.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies