A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the June 2013 Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:35:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the June 2013 Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the June 2013 Presidential Election  (Read 8462 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: June 25, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »

In response to Xahar, I don't know how anyone can be bitter. No one even dreamed it would be this close. Obviously the margin is a bit painful if you're a Federalist because you can look at every single mistake and every "woulda-coulda-shoulda...." but at the end of the day, damn. We overperformed. And I'm proud. Smiley

Also, just to get back to the gifs, I'll say that you're a bit wrong about the primary. Coming clean: I did fight hard for Oakvale in private during the first few days (sorry Matt... I'm sure you can at least understand why shaking things up might have had some appeal Tongue), but I eventually realized that Matt was a better candidate to face Nix. Oakvale's strengths did not match up as well against Nix's weaknesses, and, had Oakvale won, there would've been defections anyway. So we weren't mad when Matt won. At the end of the day, I don't think Oakvale would've done as well as Matt.

And you can call it personality politics, Griffin... but you went negative early. People have called the debate about positivity "cheesy," but when you've got a problem with participation, nasty debate isn't going to help things at all. I still hold that the most important job of president is his or her role as a conciliator and compromiser. Of course Nix has more qualifications and experience than Matt... and I hope Nix is a good president. But there's nothing wrong with wanting a politician who has a different kind of style to occupy the White House. And that's all I'll say. I don't want to get into a fight, but I've got to defend Matt and his supporters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies