A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the June 2013 Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:26:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the June 2013 Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the June 2013 Presidential Election  (Read 8375 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:48:51 AM »
« edited: April 25, 2017, 07:21:31 AM by Fmr. Pres. Griffin »

Thanks to NM-AM hero and IDS Legislator Hashemite for the inspiration behind this graphic story. With so many interesting events occurring in this recent Presidential election, it deserves a place in history – cemented via many, many GIFs, of course.

April 2013:

Federalist Party:

Labor Party:

Liberal Party:

When asked about their nominee's chances:

Laborites:

Federalists:

Liberals:

Here comes Xahar and Hash:

When it's realized the Federalists need a new candidate:

Federalists:

Laborites:

Liberals:

Matt from VT announces his candidacy:

Labor HQ:

Federalist HQ:

After the first round of polling:

Federalist HQ:

Labor HQ:

Liberal HQ:

NM-AM HQ:

Meanwhile, in the Pacific...

When Labor mentions the idea of merging with the Liberals:

Laborites:

Liberals:

Then Labor was all like:

When The Atlasian Laborinth says another Federalist will challenge Matt:

The Federalists said:

The next day, Oakvale announces:

Hagrid in public:

Hagrid in private:

The mood at Labor HQ:

Oakvale loses the Federalist primary:

At Labor HQ:

At Federalist HQ:

At Liberal HQ:

When Liberals start endorsing Matt:

Laborites:

Federalists:

When the final round of polling comes in:

Federalists:

Liberals:

Laborites:

Two days before the election, the country finds out about Operation Rimjob:

Liberals:

Laborites:

NM-AM:

Federalists:

ELECTION DAY - The polls open:

Just a few hours later, PMs go down:

Everyone is like:

A few hours after that @ Labor HQ:

Everywhere else:

When half the Liberal Party starts voting for Matt:

Laborites were like:

Federalists were like:

Liberals were like:

The next day, PMs come back online:

Labor:

Federalist:

Liberal:

Oh no! More defections from the Left:

Labor's response:

The final day! Matt takes the lead:

What the rest of the country thinks Labor feels like:

What Labor actually feels like:

Labor:

Federalist:

Liberal:

Labor wins again (duh). Its response...

...to its supporters:

...to the Federalists:

...to the turncoat Liberals and other haters:

Labor's advice for Atlasia:

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 04:01:20 AM »

Love it!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:03:31 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:35:39 AM »

Thanks!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:45:18 AM »

Winning!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »

A small rectification: The liberals haven't endorsed anyone and Averroes has won the majority of the Liberal's votes.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 10:46:21 AM »

Ariana Grande made it for me tbh
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »

Have a cookie.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »

Hash, Adam, this is dope!

Same.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »

Lolz
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 04:58:12 PM »

Hey Adam! The Liberal Party suppose to be a moderate party after all, we are not supposed to vote for the Labor candidate every single time.

The crazy thing is that you have already won and now you are trying to make fun of those Liberals that voted on Matt!This is a silly action however; the Liberal Party usually is at the same side of the Labor Party. So why have you made a post dedicated to blame many of our members?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »

Hey Adam! The Liberal Party suppose to be a moderate party after all, we are not supposed to vote for the Labor candidate every single time.

The crazy thing is that you have already won and now you are trying to make fun of those Liberals that voted on Matt!This is a silly action however; the Liberal Party usually is at the same side of the Labor Party. So why have you made a post dedicated to blame many of our members?

Labor shouldn have expected a single Liberal vote anyway. Having a well-liked party chair on the ticket wasn't good enough for them so I don't see why the reverse would be true.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »

Labor shouldn have expected a single Liberal vote anyway. Having a well-liked party chair on the ticket wasn't good enough for them so I don't see why the reverse would be true.

Someone's bitter.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »

Someone's bitter.

I'm not bitter. Most votes ever> relying on a troll movement for a two vote victory
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »

Nix is a moderate. Nix has plenty of experience and actually cares about this game. The fact that anyone besides the Liberaltarian wing of your party voted against him for a candidate who had a questionable amount of experience and was to the right of your party's values demonstrates the personality-based tactics that were clearly at play. Not all Liberals felt that way, thankfully, and we are grateful for their support.

The Liberal and Labor Parties are capable of working together on a variety of issues and have in the past. We have supported and endorsed Liberal candidates, even in this last election. We didn't threaten to withdraw our endorsements, nor did we threaten to sit out elections because a candidate from the Liberal Party was the front-runner. With a great party Chair like DemPGH and with the worst elements of your party formally gone, maybe the Liberal Party can rebuild itself once again into something that is respectable and that not a knee-jerk cult for some washed-up has-been. 
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »

In response to Xahar, I don't know how anyone can be bitter. No one even dreamed it would be this close. Obviously the margin is a bit painful if you're a Federalist because you can look at every single mistake and every "woulda-coulda-shoulda...." but at the end of the day, damn. We overperformed. And I'm proud. Smiley

Also, just to get back to the gifs, I'll say that you're a bit wrong about the primary. Coming clean: I did fight hard for Oakvale in private during the first few days (sorry Matt... I'm sure you can at least understand why shaking things up might have had some appeal Tongue), but I eventually realized that Matt was a better candidate to face Nix. Oakvale's strengths did not match up as well against Nix's weaknesses, and, had Oakvale won, there would've been defections anyway. So we weren't mad when Matt won. At the end of the day, I don't think Oakvale would've done as well as Matt.

And you can call it personality politics, Griffin... but you went negative early. People have called the debate about positivity "cheesy," but when you've got a problem with participation, nasty debate isn't going to help things at all. I still hold that the most important job of president is his or her role as a conciliator and compromiser. Of course Nix has more qualifications and experience than Matt... and I hope Nix is a good president. But there's nothing wrong with wanting a politician who has a different kind of style to occupy the White House. And that's all I'll say. I don't want to get into a fight, but I've got to defend Matt and his supporters.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »

The fact that anyone besides the Liberaltarian wing of your party voted against him for a candidate who had a questionable amount of experience and was to the right of your party's values demonstrates the personality-based tactics that were clearly at play.

You mean our campaign reached out to voters? What a shocking thing to do in an election!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 05:56:15 PM »

I don't know why but I think that a merge between the Liberal party and the Labor party will never happen
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »

washed-up has-been (noun)

1. someone I couldn't defeat in February
2. someone my party couldn't defeat in April
3. someone who will win next time
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »

Strong words from a washed-up has-been.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »

Indeed. But hey, if you had been playing the same fantasy simulator for years, you'd probably feel the same way and have a hard time letting go, too.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 09:28:53 PM »

Well, I find the images funny - that's good work. As to some of the bickering that goes on, I'm determined to just work around it. On the Labor side I return the respect to Griffin - Labor runs a phenomenal operation. We Liberals comprise a party that is probably the most diverse ideologically in the game, and we're a large party, so we're just going to have some of this, but I say again that the way forward is to get the people together who will work together and go forward. The more conservative elements of the Liberal Party I will gladly listen to, although we may vote differently. That happens. Nix ran a classy, informative campaign, and our united effort helped stave off a tough, tough Federalist push. That's how I see it, and more cooperation will serve us well!

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 11:18:56 PM »

Napoleon is not a washed-up has-been.

Napoleon is one of the most dedicated, knowledgeable, intelligent, talented, and  effective public servants, legislators, and leaders in the history of Atlasia.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 09:06:42 AM »

Napoleon is not a washed-up has-been.

Napoleon is one of the most dedicated, knowledgeable, intelligent, talented, and  effective public servants, legislators, and leaders in the history of Atlasia.
Someone wants a blowjob...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »

I was not aware this forum was populated with disgusting childish morons like Marcus Aurelius.

What is your level of maturity, thirteen? 

Oh, sorry, I have just insulted all thirteen year olds by bringing them down to your level. 

Now we know where your mind is at and what your inner desires really are.  After all, if one is obsessed with something, as you obviously are, one will express their true inner desires for oneself by openly making them public, as you have just done.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies