NEW PACIFIC REGION · DISCUSSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:51:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NEW PACIFIC REGION · DISCUSSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NEW PACIFIC REGION · DISCUSSION  (Read 4484 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 10:46:26 AM »

Don't you have some Little Pony show to watch?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 04:31:13 PM »

The author of this thread (who is not even a resident of the region) has no authority to do such an action under the Final Constitution. This is irrelevant and void.
The author of this thread (who is not even a resident of the region) has no authority to do such an action under the Final Constitution. This is irrelevant and void.

Voted in case it could be valid but it's a pretty silly attempt ...

No discussion in the voting booth, please. Smiley

And if y'all can name a specific flaw in my logic, go right ahead. Otherwise, shove it.

There is a common law doctrine of domicile being required to be able to vote or run for office.  Not being inconsistent with the Constitution or Federal election law, this would transfer over to Atlasia.  As I have named a specific flaw in your logic, I will refrain from any shoving of the it.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »

ARTICLE VIII: Ratification
1. This Constitution shall be enacted immediately upon being ratified by a simple majority of voters. A special election to determine the first Governor, for which a simple plurality shall suffice, shall be held concurrently. Both elections will last exactly 72 hours and be administered by 豚FLY. No officer of the final government of the Pacific Region shall be eligible to receive votes in this special election.

lol democracy
Was hoping for someone to bring this up.
You need friggin' one person. If there is not one single person in the unincorporated territories besides you guys that would be acceptable for you, what does that say about your claim of having The People on your side?

The People will not be silenced by your futile attempt at installing a dictatorship in the Pacific.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dictatorship?s=t

Voted in case it could be valid but it's a pretty silly attempt ...

No discussion in the voting booth, please. Smiley

And if y'all can name a specific flaw in my logic, go right ahead. Otherwise, shove it.

There is a common law doctrine of domicile being required to be able to vote or run for office.  Not being inconsistent with the Constitution or Federal election law, this would transfer over to Atlasia.  As I have named a specific flaw in your logic, I will refrain from any shoving of the it.

Well, I'm neither voting nor running for office in the Pacific/New Pacific/unincorporated territories. Not even "campaigning" or "meddling" or whatever as a matter of fact. I haven't made a single post stating that the unincorporated-territorians should re-found their region, merely that they can. The Constitution I proposed is a very neutral one that doesn't include policies that I have supported (removal of residency requirements, secret ballot, etc).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 12:38:17 PM »

You're administering a voting booth on solely your own authority.  That's similar to being an elected official, as you're acting as an administrator solely by your own authority.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 02:27:28 AM »

I guess a Person's silence means he doesn't have a logical response to my point...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 02:45:36 AM »

You're administering a voting booth on solely your own authority.  That's similar to being an elected official, as you're acting as an administrator solely by your own authority.
"Similar" isn't good enough. I am acting entirely as a sort of placeholder here.

I guess a Person's silence means he doesn't have a logical response to my point...
It means I haven't been on, bro.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 02:48:10 AM »

Incidentally, my original plan was to pm the general idea to Superique -- the PM system (and the Forum until ca three hours after I finished my proposal) was down, though, and I decided that time was of the essence.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 11:33:49 AM »

The issue is than nobody recognise you. I could declare my yard to be a country, nobody will sue, they will just think I'm insane and not recognise it.

I see your point but you lack legitimity, that's your issue.

This is probably the one legitimate concern posted here, given that the turnout was one.

Nevertheless, Superique has legally been elected governor of the New Pacific Region and should now run special elections for Council.

And this is where my involvement in the issue ends (assuming there are no legal challenges).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »

The constitutionality of the 'final constitution' to which you refer has not been decided yet. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »

The "constitution" you passed and the "election" you held are illegitimate, seeing as the ex-Pacific states are fully and totally part of the Imperial Dominion of the South.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »

The "constitution" you passed and the "election" you held are illegitimate, seeing as the ex-Pacific states are fully and totally part of the Imperial Dominion of the South.

I thought your emperor refused to send the troops?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2013, 01:29:15 PM »

I thought your emperor refused to send the troops?
They have troops? The Atlasian Constitution clearly forbids them from having troops. Time for military action by the feds against these recreants.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »

"Similar" isn't good enough. I am acting entirely as a sort of placeholder here.

You have no authority other than that which you gave yourself.  How can someone who is not domiciled in the region give himself authority to hold an election?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2013, 02:31:49 PM »

You have no authority other than that which you gave yourself.  How can someone who is not domiciled in the region give himself authority to hold an election?

Xahar did it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »

Xahar did it.

Marokai's Executive Order?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »

Xahar did it.

Was regarding a state of anarchy. Unless you thjnk Spamage was so awful that his tenure was indeed a state of anarchy, Xahar had no authority to open a voting booth. As you can see, the Governor never authorized that votjng booth.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2013, 03:42:31 AM by Gustaf »

Oh my god. This grows tiresome, but not sufficiently so to merit profanity:

There are still five regions. There are four regional governments, until or unless the Supreme Court decides otherwise.

The IDS did not invade the Pacific: its fully-constitutional defensive militia merely amassed at our borders.

Residents of the Pacific were allocated the benefits of regional citizenship within the IDS - which may or may not be constitutional based on the IDS' Constitution.

Marokai authorized a state of anarchy and an election administrator based on the then-current provisions of the Third Pacific Constitution. He had no knowledge of any ulterior plans.

Whether or not the Governor was around is irrelevant. The legislation and provisions passed were done so legally without any input from the Governor, as set forth by both the Third and Fourth Pacific Constitutions. Anyone who assumes Spamage was the duly-elected Governor of the Pacific (done so under the Third Constitution) must also admit that the Third Constitution was in fact valid and therefore no current Supreme Court case stating the contrary would be valid.

Based on the above knowledge, this would also mean that the Fourth Pacific Constitution was also valid and the only point of dispute now would be the constitutionality of the Final Constitution.

You're all idiots.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »

Oh my god. This clusterfuck grows tiresome:

There are still five regions. There are four regional governments, until or unless the Supreme Court decides otherwise.

The IDS did not invade the Pacific: its fully-constitutional defensive militia merely amassed at our borders.

Residents of the Pacific were allocated the benefits of regional citizenship within the IDS - which may or may not be constitutional based on the IDS' Constitution.

Marokai authorized a state of anarchy and an election administrator based on the then-current provisions of the Third Pacific Constitution. He had no knowledge of any ulterior plans.

Whether or not the Governor was around is irrelevant. The legislation and provisions passed were done so legally without any input from the Governor, as set forth by both the Third and Fourth Pacific Constitutions. Anyone who assumes Spamage was the duly-elected Governor of the Pacific (done so under the Third Constitution) must also admit that the Third Constitution was in fact valid and therefore no current Supreme Court case stating the contrary would be valid.

Based on the above knowledge, this would also mean that the Fourth Pacific Constitution was also valid and the only point of dispute now would be the constitutionality of the Final Constitution.

You're all idiots.

Lol, you must not be able to read.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »

Xahar did it.

Was regarding a state of anarchy. Unless you thjnk Spamage was so awful that his tenure was indeed a state of anarchy, Xahar had no authority to open a voting booth. As you can see, the Governor never authorized that votjng booth.

The executive order was clearly operative until the end of June, although I suppose it would take reading comprehension to see that.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »

Was Spamage Governor when the state of anarchy was declared?

Executive Order #29-003

The Pacific Region's Governor has undergone a severe lack of activity, and a majority of the Pacific Council is now MIA as well. This has left the government of the Pacific Region effectively non-functional, and citizen efforts to reform the region are being stymied by lack of leadership and confusion over who is to open voting booths for a variety of recall efforts.

Article 1, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Pacific Constitution grants the federal government the power to declare a new elections Administrator to assist in restoring order when a state of anarchy, defined in the Constitution "as a lack of elections and/or a lack of any comprehensible regional Government."

Therefore, as the citizens of the Pacific have requested a recall of their Governor and are undergoing efforts to restore order to the Pacific government, and there is mass confusion over who is to restore order to the situation, I declare the Pacific Region as existing in a State of Anarchy, and hereby appoint Xahar, as a resident of the Pacific Region, to open and administer necessary Pacific voting booths until June 30th, 2013.

Which is it?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »

"Restoring order" "lack of comprehensive Government"

Yeah I am pretty sure the Constitution defined what a state of anarchy was, you, your President and your thuggish cronies aren't changing that.

Besides, whether the initial appojntment was valid is still in question.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 04:21:36 PM »

That doesn't answer the question of whether spamage was governor.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2013, 04:54:22 PM by GM Griffin »

Which is it?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sorry, but my so-called "cronies" must be better at writing constitutions than yours.

You lose all legitimacy when quoting sections from a Constitution that you claim to be invalid in the first place and supposedly thought was invalid for months prior.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2013, 04:23:44 PM »

Greetings, colonized peoples!  Congratulations, you are now living in the Greater Ohio Colonial Region.  Let the rejoicing begin!

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »

Which is it?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sorry, but my cronies are better at writing constitutions than yours.

You lose all legitimacy when quoting sections from a Constitution that you claim to be invalid in the first place and supposedly thought was invalid for months prior.

"Voting booth for the vacated offices"

Seems pretty clear to those with a brain or half.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies