Official New England 2014 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:33:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official New England 2014 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Official New England 2014 Megathread  (Read 19835 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2013, 04:05:02 AM »

Up next: Gov LePage delivers major speech on the coinage of silver
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2014, 10:22:42 AM »

Missed this. This is Susan Collins' primary challenger.

He's got less of a chance than Stockman does.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »

Gabriel Gomez won't run for anything this year.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:28 PM »

Maybe some local posters know more about this but Rs are starting to line up against Malloy. As Sabato says, they should be transitioning from the exploratory phase to full campaigning soon.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2014, 03:16:17 PM by Bill Belichick's Hoodie »

And it turns out Bridgegate might have some regional spillover into here - the guy who asked the Fort Lee mayor for his endorsement is now the executive director of the NHGOP. He's essentially second-in-command to Jennifer Horn, the chairwoman who's there.

And in other news, activist/businessman Andrew Hemingway will decide on a run for governor soon. Republicans might just get their candidate after all - Bill Binnie isn't chomping at the bit to get into the political game, and John Stephen is just another Ovide Lamontagne.

To give you a flyover, Andrew Hemingway's a very interesting candidate. He's very young and he's from the conservative wing of the party. He chairs the Republican Liberty Caucus in NH ran as an outsider against Horn for chair of the state, but lost, and he headed Newt Gingrich's campaign in New Hampshire. He's not going to be your generic establishment candidate and he's probably not going to win, but getting his name out there would do wonders for him if Hassan or Kuster opt for a run at Ayotte's seat.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2014, 10:37:47 PM »

Call me biased, but I think Allan Fung and Charlie Baker each has a solid chance of winning their respective governorships.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2014, 11:53:41 PM »

Call me biased, but I think Allan Fung and Charlie Baker each has a solid chance of winning their respective governorships.

I admittedly don't know that much about Fung, but Baker could definitely win. The specter of 2009 still looms over her candidacy for me - that's why I'm supporting Kayyem.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »

I admittedly don't know that much about Fung, but Baker could definitely win. The specter of 2009 still looms over her candidacy for me - that's why I'm supporting Kayyem.

Fung is very popular in RI. Probably the only Republican that could have success in Rhode Island at this point.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2014, 12:12:42 AM »

Fung is very popular in RI. Probably the only Republican that could have success in Rhode Island at this point.

That's what I thought.

Welcome to the forum, btw. I just go to college in Pennsylvania - I'm a New Englander at heart (specifically NH if you couldn't tell).
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2014, 01:20:10 AM by smoltchanov »

1. Is it you, who banned me on RMG?)))))

2. Fung needs Avedisian to improve his chances. Despite these elections being separate they could form excellent "unofficial ticket".
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2014, 04:08:53 PM »

2. Fung needs Avedisian to improve his chances. Despite these elections being separate they could form excellent "unofficial ticket".

No, I don't know what RMG is.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2014, 09:59:28 PM »

Red Mass Group. A site of rather very partisan Republicans from Massachusetts. There is Cordeiro among that site admns, so, i think, my question was natural. My apologies then...
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 05:01:41 AM »

Red Mass Group. A site of rather very partisan Republicans from Massachusetts. There is Cordeiro among that site admns, so, i think, my question was natural. My apologies then...

Is this the only political forum you aren't banned from?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 06:12:31 AM »

Is this the only political forum you aren't banned from?

No there is, at least, 5 other forums))) Though i acknowledge my "combative nature"))))
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »

Mark Fisher (candidate for Governor in MA, running for the Republican nomination) spoke to FOX 25 Boston last night. I supported him originally, but he doesn't seem overly knowledgable on the issues, and dodged some questions from the reporter. I am supporting Charlie Baker for Governor, because I believe he is our best chance to win.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9753317#.Ut_SO9MYFVQ.facebook
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:41 PM »

Mark Fisher (candidate for Governor in MA, running for the Republican nomination) spoke to FOX 25 Boston last night. I supported him originally, but he doesn't seem overly knowledgable on the issues, and dodged some questions from the reporter. I am supporting Charlie Baker for Governor, because I believe he is our best chance to win.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9753317#.Ut_SO9MYFVQ.facebook

Fisher, with his strong tea-party views, would be an automatic loss in Massachusetts. When Republicans will stop running unwinnable far-rightists at least there?Huh
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2014, 02:29:33 AM »

State Rep. Marilinda Garcia (R) is running against Kuster.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »

And again - the same. An ultraconservative in Democratic-leaning New England district, which even relatively moderate Bass held with serious difficulties (and was defeated twice). Idiocy. Even NH-01 is more conservative...
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2014, 01:37:19 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2014, 01:47:41 AM by Sawxsylvania »

And again - the same. An ultraconservative in Democratic-leaning New England district, which even relatively moderate Bass held with serious difficulties (and was defeated twice). Idiocy. Even NH-01 is more conservative...

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. She's pretty much the definition of a paper tiger - she gets talked about because she can help outreach to Hispanics and women, but in reality, there's not a real opening unless Salem gets redistricted into the first district. She's better off running against Shaheen or 'going for the governor's mansion once there's an opening (and with her vote against pot legalization there really isn't one). She's also said on Twitter that she would have slapped Joe Biden if she was Paul Ryan, and that "she's not a fan" of John Boehner.

In addition, her press release lists 70 state legislators who "stood with her" as she campaigned. When it turned out 3 of them were actually endorsing her opponent, she said that they were "just friends, not endorsers".  I'm thinking we're going to see a split between the Paulites and the establishment here. I'm, needless to say, praying for a Garcia victory.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2014, 01:28:32 AM »

I'm thinking we're going to see a split between the Paulites and the establishment here. I'm, needless to say, praying for a Garcia victory.

Another candidate being Gary Lambert? Very conservative too. It's a sort of irony that more conservative 1st has a relatively moderate Republican candidate (Innis) (though it's more likely that conservative Guinta will be nominated again), while more moderate 2nd  - only "genuine conservatives"...
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2014, 01:53:38 AM »

I'm thinking we're going to see a split between the Paulites and the establishment here. I'm, needless to say, praying for a Garcia victory.

Another candidate being Gary Lambert? Very conservative too. It's a sort of irony that more conservative 1st has a relatively moderate Republican candidate (Innis) (though it's more likely that conservative Guinta will be nominated again), while more moderate 2nd  - only "genuine conservatives"...

Yeah. The liberty movement's not enthused on Garcia, but Lambert is more of a socon than she is. They'll either stay home or vote third party.

Innis is a candidate that many people (including me) have talked about glowingly, but has no real chance at victory. A little after he declared, a huge problem rose up - not only did he vote in the Democratic primary in 2012, but he voted for his friend (and from what I've heard his business associate), whose only real difference from Hassan was campaigning on an income tax. He'd be a good fit for the district, but there's no doubt he will be painted as a tax-and-spend RINO.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2014, 02:12:36 AM »

Yeah. The liberty movement's not enthused on Garcia, but Lambert is more of a socon than she is. They'll either stay home or vote third party.

Innis is a candidate that many people (including me) have talked about glowingly, but has no real chance at victory. A little after he declared, a huge problem rose up - not only did he vote in the Democratic primary in 2012, but he voted for his friend (and from what I've heard his business associate), whose only real difference from Hassan was campaigning on an income tax. He'd be a good fit for the district, but there's no doubt he will be painted as a tax-and-spend RINO.

I read about that too... Yes, for (probably) a majority of Republican voters (especially in tax-averse New Hampshire, and, especially, in 1st district) it's, most likely, an absolute "no go"...
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2014, 09:17:25 PM »

And Marilinda Garcia's campaign rollout has hit a huge roadblock.

She was caught posting this list of state representatives who "stood with her as she launched her campaign:

Sounds like an endorsement, right? Problem is, four state representatives have come out as not endorsing her, and Al Baldasaro is starting to walk back after they found his endorsement over a Facebook comment.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

I thought he was already running, but apparently not. Anyway, Tom Foley is running again.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2014, 01:28:47 PM by Sawxsylvania »

New Hampshire state Senator Andy Sanborn is in controversy again. This time, he got caught threatening to revoke his constituent's scholarship for supporting legalization.

I hope this douchebag loses next fall. I'd give up a Martha Fuller Clark or a Sylvia Larsen in a heartbeat just to get this bully out of office. Maggie Hassan may be a supporter of the police lobby, but at least she isn't a piece of human garbage who threatens to ruin someone's life over their opinion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies