OH-PPP: Kasich trailing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH-PPP: Kasich trailing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OH-PPP: Kasich trailing  (Read 4383 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 03:22:35 PM »

Fitzgerald is a pragmatic politician and will govern not as extreme liberal. I think he has a equal chance at winning.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »

His approval was bound to drop given how high it was for a tossup state. He lost the state a ton of jobs, signed that new restrictive abortion bill, and the latest JobsOhio fraud. And I would imagine once that 62% becomes more familiar with Ed FitzGerald over the next year, most of them will go for FitzGerald because at this point in time, FitzGerald has more on Kasich than Kasich has on him.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »

His approval was bound to drop given how high it was for a tossup state. He lost the state a ton of jobs, signed that new restrictive abortion bill, and the latest JobsOhio fraud. And I would imagine once that 62% becomes more familiar with Ed FitzGerald over the next year, most of them will go for FitzGerald because at this point in time, FitzGerald has more on Kasich than Kasich has on him.

I'm hoping you're right. 
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »

Didn't PPP have a poll out in late September with both Obama and Carmona up in Arizona? Or was that some other pollster? In any case, every pollster will have some outliers.

I'll remain skeptical for now.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »

Didn't PPP have a poll out in late September with both Obama and Carmona up in Arizona? Or was that some other pollster? In any case, every pollster will have some outliers.

I'll remain skeptical for now.

That poll came during Obama's post-DNC mega bump. He was up nationally and up by around 9 in Ohio and Virginia.

Carminative was pretty competitive in the fall. He got the amount of support in the final results as in his poll numbers. The undecideds were just GOPers and they broke in a big way for Flake.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2013, 08:10:44 PM by Invisible Obama »

No, PPP never had Obama up in Arizona, that's incorrect, that was a Rocky Mountain Poll, which is not affiliated with PPP. PPP polled in early October, but had a +9 Romney lead, which was pretty accurate. Just because a Republican trails in a PPP poll doesn't mean the poll is incorrect, 2012 clearly showed that.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »

Okak sorry, wrong polling company. Mistake on my part.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »

Is it time to move this race to toss-up?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 11:52:11 AM »

Too early.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 04:01:58 PM »

This is just one poll in an assortment of polls that say otherwise. So, no.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »

This race is far from over its gonna get competitive.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »

So far in this race we have two recent datapoints:

1. Quinnipiac, which has Kasich up by 14
2. PPP, which has FitzGerald up by 3

This poll diverges enough from the previous set that I think we might want to wait for another poll to confirm what is happening here before jumping to conclusions. While I am skeptical I may be coming up with excuses to junk this simply because I don't like its result, I am rather skeptical of a poll at 38-35. I mean, what, does Ross Perot have 20%?

A scandal involving a private-public partnership has begun to break. How badly? One can never tell. PPP follows exposure of the scandal.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:29 AM »

This is just one poll in an assortment of polls that say otherwise. So, no.
The only other poll besides PPP whose polled this race is Quinnipiac and it's no longer accurate after all that's transired in FitzGerald's favor over the months of July and August. Although FitzGerald has a 3 point lead according to PPP, mainly because there's still so many undecided voters, the election at this point really doesn't lean Democratic or Republican and with 2 pollsters giving a whole different scenario favoring one or the other candidate, it should be considered a tossup.

And if you guys haven't heard, Ohio's trying to pass through the 6 week abortion ban bill again and it could potentially pass with our new, more extreme Senate President. If it gets through our GOP legislature which I presume it will if it's allowed a vote in both houses and Kasich ends up signing it, there's almost no question then that FitzGerald's race against Kasich would become a strong Democratic opportunity. Kasich already screwed up once with this attack on women and he can't afford a 2nd time.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »

FitzGerald is really starting to make this a race. He's starting to close that 27% gap of undecided's and is trying to visit all of Ohio's counties (recently Belmont and Putnam) to rally some Democratic/Independent support. Plus with a Libertarian in this race now, this will help the FitzGerald campaign significantly because Charlie Earl will no doubt take as many as maybe 10,000 votes away mostly from John Kasich which can be a crucial difference in the outcome.

Almost everything is going his way at this point. Unemployment is rising, women are going against Kasich, he's trying to cling major support from the Ohio middle class, and he's already been backed by a number of unions and especially the Ohio Democratic Party Executive Committee.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies