5th Pacific Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:13:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  5th Pacific Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 5th Pacific Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread  (Read 2476 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »

bumping for visibility on the HSR issue

Also, I am introducing a bill:

Pacific Sports Venue Funding Act

Whereas, the Pacific understands the term "professional sports team" to mean a team that is a franchise of Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, Major League Soccer, or Major League Lacrosse. The leagues are professional sports leagues, and games played between members of the same league are professional sports games. Any other teams, leagues, or games are considered semipro or amateur, with no necessary distinction in this statute.

1. A professional sports team must be listed as a "primary rights holder" to play a home game in that venue. Professional sports teams may apply to the city, county, or other appropriate jurisdiction to receive primary rights.

2. Neither the Pacific Region nor any jurisdiction thereof shall subsidize the construction of a venue whose primary purpose is hosting the professional sports games of a single team without the guarantee of no less than one hundred (100) live sporting events to be scheduled per calendar year.

3. Multiple professional teams from the same league or different professional leagues petitioning to share a venue must satisfy the one hundred (100) game threshold to be eligible for regional funding.

4. The professional sports team(s) that is(are) the primary residents of a venue funded by the Region, or a jurisdiction thereof, may attempt to reach the threshold, if their schedule is insufficient, by inviting semipro and amateur teams. However, the professional sports teams are obligated to meet the scheduling threshold, and a failure to do so will result in seizure of the stadium by the state. The professional, amateur, and semipro sports team(s) may continue to play in the stadium while it is regional property. However, all operating costs plus a 100% fine are billed to the professional sports team which holds the primary rights to play in the stadium at the end of each month, until the schedule for the next calendar year is finalized with the threshold met and any unmet games from the previous calendar year applied to the next season.

President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2013, 12:30:18 AM »

I would like to introduce another bill. Do note that there have not been pay raises since pay was cut in 2005 by 5%. The cost would be estimated at approximately $3 billion based on 2005 numbers, but I'll go to GM Griffin for more recent numbers. I would like to use the remaining stimulus funds after the HSR initiative for this. :

Pacific Region Salary Increase Initiative

1. The salaries of all regional employees shall be increased ten percent (10%) effective January 1, 2014.

2. The salaries of all regional employees shall be increased by no less than two percent (2%) and no more than five percent (5%) on the first of January of every calendar year from 2015 to 2020, inclusive. With no further legislative action before the first of September of the previous calendar year, the increase for that year's regional employee salary is to be 2%.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »

Pacific 2014 Minimum Wage Bill

1. The minimum wage shall be raised by $0.50, to $9.25, effective January 1, 2014.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2013, 03:05:45 AM »

Owing to various time commitments, I have not been able to perform as Speaker of the Pacific Council the way I would like. Consequently, I hereby resign as Speaker and appoint TyrionTheImperialist as Speaker in my stead.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2013, 03:07:57 AM »

Owing to various time commitments, I have not been able to perform as Speaker of the Pacific Council the way I would like. Consequently, I hereby resign as Speaker and appoint TyrionTheImperialist as Speaker in my stead.

Thank you former Speaker. I will perform the duties required of me to the best of my abilities.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:08 AM »

Pacific Universal Disc Act

All CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs sold in the Pacific Region may not be region-locked, effective January 1, 2014.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies