Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:18:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State  (Read 7169 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« on: June 17, 2013, 09:44:46 PM »

I'm pretty sure that for Kentucky it would be Florence. I'm almost certain Obama won Owensboro.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 11:56:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure that for Kentucky it would be Florence. I'm almost certain Obama won Owensboro.

Hmmm.. A person a day or two ago told me that Romney did win Owensboro. For right now I'll leave it as a question.

I checked all the larger cities in Kentucky after the election, and I concluded it's just about impossible that Romney won Owensboro.

Obama won Covington, Newport, and the like, so I have no doubt at all he won Owensboro.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:07:02 AM »

Hmmm.. A person a day or two ago told me that Romney did win Owensboro. For right now I'll leave it as a question.

I checked all the larger cities in Kentucky after the election, and I concluded it's just about impossible that Romney won Owensboro.

Obama won Covington, Newport, and the like, so I have no doubt at all he won Owensboro.

I just checked about Hopkinsville and McCain won it, and Romney did better in the county so he at least won it too. So that means Hopkinsville would be largest.

I checked Hopkinsville after the election, and that was another city that I concluded Obama won. Remember, while rural areas swung Republican, urban areas swung Democratic. For instance, Franklin County (home of Frankfort) went McCain in '08 but Obama in '12.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:13:16 AM »

I just checked about Hopkinsville and McCain won it, and Romney did better in the county so he at least won it too. So that means Hopkinsville would be largest.

I checked Hopkinsville after the election, and that was another city that I concluded Obama won. Remember, while rural areas swung Republican, urban areas swung Democratic. For instance, Franklin County (home of Frankfort) went McCain in '08 but Obama in '12.

Ok, so you're absolutely sure that the largest city Romney won was Florence?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm maybe 97% sure.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 12:24:12 AM »

Since you seem pretty dedicated, I'll change it to Florence. Thank you for telling me.

Don't take my word for it, but I just can't see how Romney won Owensboro or Hopkinsville based on the maps I saw.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »

Since you seem pretty dedicated, I'll change it to Florence. Thank you for telling me.

Don't take my word for it, but I just can't see how Romney won Owensboro.
Believe me, I did the actual precinct math. It was very close - though not quite as ultra-close as Obama's win in the only minimally larger Bowling Green - but Romney won Owensboro. Obama won the older, northern half of it, of course, and easily.

Precinct boundaries in Kentucky don't always follow city boundaries, and when they do, they're not always named for the city they represent. For instance, the precinct that represents Woodlawn (a tiny suburb in Campbell County) is one of the Newport-named precincts. It took me a while to figure out that Obama actually won Woodlawn.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies