Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State  (Read 7052 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »
« edited: June 15, 2013, 05:20:49 PM by There Are Some Remedies Worse Than The Disease »

If you had asked me for Minnesota, I would've guessed Lakeville, but yeah it appears to be Maple Grove is larger. St. Cloud is actually pretty D-leaning.

In 2008 I think Maple Grove voted Obama, so for then the answer most likely is Lakeville.

*edit* Nope I'm wrong, Maple Grove went 51.7% for McCain (and about 53% for Romney)

For Maryland the answer is either Salisbury (if it's not significantly more Democratic than its county) or Cumberland in Allegany County. Since Salisbury looks unlikely based on its demographics, Cumberland it is then. Although at the time of the census Cumberland was just about a hundred people larger than Cockeysville (the Baltimore County place where both Andy Harris and Dutch Ruppersberger are from), and Cockeysville is an exurb that almost certainly voted Romney, and probably gained population (while Cumberland lost it). But Cockeysville is also an unincorporated "census designated place" while Cumberland is an incorporated city, so the answer depends on your definition of "city".

For Iowa the answer might also be Council Bluffs.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »

Romney won every single precinct in Burleigh County (one of them with under 50% of the vote though)

I can take pride in that one is where my parents live and where I grew up. Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies