Undecided in D3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:48:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Undecided in D3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Undecided in D3  (Read 1773 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 11:45:54 PM »

Nym proposed a bill to destroy the Detroit auto industry. Unless you want an economic collapse, vote NASO

I realize that was fairly controversial, but it also demonstrated my ability to achieve a multi-partisan coalition. I had the votes of such Senators as Supersoulty, WMS, and Defarge, and I don't really think people consider them extreme leftists, or uninformed on the issues.

In any event, I would like to take the legislation back up in the next session, though I will incorporate some suggestions from those who objected to the bill.

Nym, I don't think calling on my name is going to help you out much with Jake... Cheesy
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2005, 11:50:22 PM »

Nym proposed a bill to destroy the Detroit auto industry. Unless you want an economic collapse, vote NASO

I realize that was fairly controversial, but it also demonstrated my ability to achieve a multi-partisan coalition. I had the votes of such Senators as Supersoulty, WMS, and Defarge, and I don't really think people consider them extreme leftists, or uninformed on the issues.

In any event, I would like to take the legislation back up in the next session, though I will incorporate some suggestions from those who objected to the bill.

Nym, I don't think calling on my name is going to help you out much with Jake... Cheesy

Hah, true. Smiley

Though Jake isn't a voter in my district, of course; I think the overall D3 opinion of you is positive.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2005, 11:50:41 PM »

LOL, far leftists, you and Supersoulty.  Or populists, just as bad Cheesy
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2005, 01:28:15 AM »

Naso knows jacksh**t about policy: On this basis he just isn't qualified to hold office. He is a good campaigner, no doubt, but there's more to holding office than campaigning.

As far as I am aware he has yet to propose one constitutional, sensible policy. He has however proposed the following policies:

1. Lowering taxes in D3 before lowering them in the rest of Atlasia two months later. Unconstitutional - you are not allowed non-uniform taxes for five minutes let alone two months; Tax rates must be uniform at all times across Atlasia.

2. Waiting period on purchase of guns. Unconstitutional - I'm not aware of the federal government having the power to regulate gun sales.

3. "Security" in schools. Not sensible: I'm pretty sure that the security needs of schools in rural Wyoming are different to those of inner-New York City - On this basis decisions should be left up to LSBs, not that Chief of Staff Mike Naso has actually articulated exactly what his policy on this issue is.

All in all, whilst Naso might have campaigned and campaigned, he doesn't represent value for votes for D3 - All we will get is bad legislation in the Senate.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 01:31:00 AM »

Hah, true. Smiley

Though Jake isn't a voter in my district, of course; I think the overall D3 opinion of you is positive.

Ah, the irony of that, considering who I defeated to get here... Grin
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 01:41:44 AM »

LOL, far leftists, you and Supersoulty.  Or populists, just as bad Cheesy

HOO YEAH! POPULIST POWER! Cheesy

Yeah, the Senate moved into a different sector of the Political Compass following the last election...from the lower left to the upper left, in many ways... Grin
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2005, 02:03:44 AM »

I do know policy. The problem is nobody ever gives me the chance to show my leadership qualities.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2005, 02:16:35 AM »

I do know policy. The problem is nobody ever gives me the chance to show my leadership qualities.

You've yet to show your knowledge of policy. Multiple times you have been challenged to name the programmes you would cut pursuant to your tax-cut plan, and every time you've dodged.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2005, 02:18:10 AM »

Well, if you had listened to the first debate, the plan was for the senate to get together, and get some government programs that are of little use, and cut some spending from them.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2005, 02:29:37 AM »

Well, if you had listened to the first debate, the plan was for the senate to get together, and get some government programs that are of little use, and cut some spending from them.

Thats a plain and simple dodge.

Which programmes are you going to suggest for cuts in this Senate debate?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies