The 'Conservative turn' since the late 1970s (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:42:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  The 'Conservative turn' since the late 1970s (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 'Conservative turn' since the late 1970s  (Read 1708 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 12, 2013, 10:31:37 AM »

Despite studying "modernity" and what came after it and its significance for several years, I have come to the conclusion that I know not much more than when I did when I decided to ponder the idea that certain promises that were made in my at the beginning of my parents' generation never materialized (there would be free health care, have flying cars and live in domes). I think what is more important than figuring out why society seems to have stagnated culturally, politically  and perhaps even scientifically (though I am doubtful about this as perception of stagnation in this field simply is the bleed over of the former). Is whether something like this has happened before and what, if anything we can do about it and whether or not its a good thing. Could this part of history be like 1815(when conservative thought reached a grand zenith only to be washed away a generation later in tsunami or cultural and scientific change) or 325 (when a new extremely conservative order heralded and age of perpetual and eventually Apocalyptic and almost permanent decline)  ?  

I think I should have said just this-

What does it all mean?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies