Advanced mapmaking for your timeline!

(1/12) > >>

Bacon King:
I saw this awesome post by Pessimistic Antineutrino and I'm giving it a dedicated thread to give it the attention it deserves. I wondered for years before I figured it out and I'm sure this well be plenty of help to you guys. :)

Quote from: Pessimistic  Antineutrino on May 25, 2013, 09:26:07 AM

By the way, changing the color to orange is actually pretty simple. Open the map link in another tab. (Just copy/paste the url minus the img tags.) In the url you should see something like this:

AL=2;9;6

This shows the state abbreviation followed by its color, number of EV's, and percentage of vote (divided by ten). This way you could do away with the calculator itself and freely manipulate values on the map itself.

In this map, I made Alabama 30% yellow with 1 EV. The key for colors is as follows:

0=gray
1=red
2=blue
3=green
4=yellow
≤5=orange

In this map, I made several states varying shades of orange. By changing the value of percent, I can access 20% shade, which was used for "No Vote" before the Civil War. I have California chaded in the manner, with Nevada next to it in 30%. By using a percentage value lower than 2 or higher than 9, the state becomes white, like I did with Colorado.

PJ:
AWESOME!

PolitiJunkie:
In a 2016 simulation where the most liberal/conservative wings of each party break off and form their own parties, and those new parties win the states/districts where the 2012 candidate of their original party received 60% or more of the vote...

Democratic Party: 213 EV
Republican Party: 158 EV
Peace and Freedom Party: 119 EV
Christian Liberty Party: 48 EV

Note that these are not my actual predictions; this is just me testing the mapmaking based on 2012 numbers. Realistically, the green party would catch on in more states (MS, LA, NE, KS, etc.) and the orange party would catch on in very few states as long as the Democrats ran candidates that are liberal enough.

PJ:

PJ:
IT WORKED!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page