The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:26:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 209192 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: January 14, 2014, 11:35:07 AM »

Eh his point that teabaggers probably would throw a fit over that is valid though yeah that's not what political correctness is.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1526 on: January 14, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »

John Brown, Frederick Douglass, Thaddeus Stevens, Martin Luther King, Jr.
More John Brown Leather Pantsing
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1527 on: January 14, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »

Why do you hate John Brown?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1528 on: January 14, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »

The Obamanation quoting anything in The Deluge is a live Irony Ore Mine.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1529 on: January 14, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »

Why do you hate John Brown?

He's probably upset about that whole freeing slaves thing.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1530 on: January 14, 2014, 08:59:21 PM »

By 'the material' he means 'opebo's posts on the forum'.

...this case appears to be one of slow accumulation.

Will BRTD eventually be banned under the "slow accumulation" paradigm? Say by election day, 2016? Maybe one stupid poll that Inks/Joe Republic/Gustaf doesn't like that puts him over the edge?

I'm actually a bit worried about that, despite only one death point.

Me? I'm not much of a ban-pusher.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1531 on: January 14, 2014, 11:55:54 PM »

But Snowstalker isn't Catholic. He just constantly extols its superiority for...reasons that I have yet to really hear, even though the Church of England is far more liberal than the Catholic Church and thus closer to his views.

It's because I find the liberal Protestant circlejerk on this forum (particularly your "hipster Christianity") annoying and feel the need to toy with it

Right, because what we need is more jmfcst Christcons like on every other forum. Roll Eyes

That's exactly what we need. The Religion board consist almost entirely of liberal Protestants and Dawkinsite atheists.

Personally I think we need more religious people who aren't Christian. Now that would really shake Religion and Philosophy up a bit.

I probably should post more there.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1532 on: January 15, 2014, 12:22:24 AM »

This is dispicible. The states and their citizens have ultimate decision rights not folks in black robes. This is a Ninth and Tenth amendment issue.

The legislatures of Utah and Oklahoma can immediately call for a constitutional convention to correct the various flaws that empower this sort of behavior.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1533 on: January 15, 2014, 06:54:19 AM »

By 'the material' he means 'opebo's posts on the forum'.

...this case appears to be one of slow accumulation.

Will BRTD eventually be banned under the "slow accumulation" paradigm? Say by election day, 2016? Maybe one stupid poll that Inks/Joe Republic/Gustaf doesn't like that puts him over the edge?

I'm actually a bit worried about that, despite only one death point.

Me? I'm not much of a ban-pusher.

You aren't in a position to evaluate that statement. I can't recall a single time that I initiated a ban thread on the mod board, though I could be wrong. I'm not much of a fighter against bans either, but I never claimed that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1534 on: January 15, 2014, 07:34:52 AM »

I agree with the majority, above average filmmaker, well below average human.  I don't really care about the marrying his "step daughter" (he was never a father figure to the girl), but there is a lot, A LOT, of rumor that he's done Polanski levels of crimes without the hard evidence to get a conviction.
And hundreds of other Hollywood figures. Its the darkest industry in America (sorry Wall Street haters its true).

I wouldn't call the financial sector an industry, given that it produces nothing.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1535 on: January 15, 2014, 10:46:58 AM »

This thread was inevitably full of The Horror -

It's a close call between the bronies and Justin, but I said the brony because JB is straight and there's a better chance I could get to know better/be in a relationship with the brony. Tongue

I pick the brony assuming it's not a clopper. (As in someone who likes the ponies sexually)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1536 on: January 15, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »

I liked him and considered supporting him if he ran for President in 2016, but now I think that he is a massive HP due to the revelations of his scandals. It is complete BS that he did not know what was going on with the bridge closure and it is quite obvious that he embezzled money form Hurricane Sandy aid to further his political career. I am hoping that he is thrown out of office and will face criminal prosecution for his actions.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1537 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »

I liked him and considered supporting him if he ran for President in 2016, but now I think that he is a massive HP due to the revelations of his scandals. It is complete BS that he did not know what was going on with the bridge closure and it is quite obvious that he embezzled money form Hurricane Sandy aid to further his political career. I am hoping that he is thrown out of office and will face criminal prosecution for his actions.
He's right, except I never liked Christie pre-scandal or post-scandal. First, did you not yet see the latest leaked photo of Christie standing with Wildstein at the 9/11 event? Whether Wildstein told Christie about the bridge closure or not, Christie still blatantly lied to the people by saying he hadn't been in contact with him for awhile when he was.

The other part about Sandy is also true. He spent millions on the "We're Stronger" ad while Christie also refused to give barely any aid at all to another Mayor who refused to endorse Christie for Governor. Then there's also the redistricting scandal where Christie directly attacked the University a professor worked at for not siding with his party. He's a bully, plain and simple and deserves to be impeached and thrown out if he doesn't resign, but he's too arrogant to even do that.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1538 on: January 15, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

What in particular is absurd, ignorant, or bad about this post (other than liking Christie before this)?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1539 on: January 15, 2014, 03:21:38 PM »

Can someone please bump the Oldiesfreak thread?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1540 on: January 15, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »

Literally gibberish and a prime example of a Bad Post.

courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1541 on: January 15, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »

Literally gibberish and a prime example of a Bad Post.

it's a reference to 'draco in leather pants'. of course obamanation is a troper.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1542 on: January 15, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »

You don't count as a liberal if you govern to the right of Richard Nixon. Tongue
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1543 on: January 15, 2014, 08:56:35 PM »

Good on you. Posts like these are what the deluge are for.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1544 on: January 15, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »

opebo is a much better person than Chris Christie.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1545 on: January 16, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »

Until God, or perhaps more appropriately, Jesus, descends from the Heavens and nails to my door an exact definition of 'equality' and why it is an objectively good thing, I see no reason as to why I should acknowledge it as something that I should be helping society work towards.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1546 on: January 16, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »

Until God, or perhaps more appropriately, Jesus, descends from the Heavens and nails to my door an exact definition of 'equality' and why it is an objectively good thing, I see no reason as to why I should acknowledge it as something that I should be helping society work towards.

That is the strangest argument I've heard all week.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1547 on: January 16, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »

Well, my point, if a little over-zealously expressed, was that I do not buy into your view that equality is something which is always good. Therefore, until an event occurred which could indisputably make clear that, in all cases, equality is an objectively good thing, there is no real reason for me to help society work towards your view of equality.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1548 on: January 16, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »

Well, my point, if a little over-zealously expressed, was that I do not buy into your view that equality is something which is always good. Therefore, until an event occurred which could indisputably make clear that, in all cases, equality is an objectively good thing, there is no real reason for me to help society work towards your view of equality.

Is it an objectively good thing that if you broke the law you would be given a trial like the man next to you, or would you prefer that such equalities didn't exist so that you could be thrown in jail and forgotten about?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1549 on: January 16, 2014, 01:57:02 PM »

Is it an objectively good thing that if you broke the law you would be given a trial like the man next to you, or would you prefer that such equalities didn't exist so that you could be thrown in jail and forgotten about?

That is equality before the law. In my criticisms, I've tried to include the terms objectively and 'in all cases' to qualify my position. I do not believe that equality is objectively a bad thing, things like simple equality in the courts are by and large good things. However, my beef is with this idea that equality is some kind of 'light upon the hill', a societal state that should be promoted and striven for. We are not all equal, we are rendered different by circumstances of our birth, abilities, and, yes, occasionally the patronage that we may have received in life. Its not just things like equality before the law that flow from the broader idea of 'equality', no, there is a whole stream of BS that flows from it, from 'equality of outcomes' to the use of the phrase 'because equality'. I take issue with this idea that all humans, by simple virtue of their humanity and nothing else, are automatically able to access a laundry list of 'rights'. No, no, no I say enough. What 'rights' we have, or as I might call them 'privileges', are the gift of the state, the Church, whatever organisational unit we happen to be dealing with. We should mold ourselves to these boundaries, not expect them to fit us perfectly.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies