The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:21:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 209122 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »

If Oldies has his own thread, I think Krazy should have one too.

Seriously.  We had the "Krazen classifies the news" thread.  Why not his own deluge?

You guys do realize that Krazen enjoys nothing more than making everyone freak out, right?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »

Seriously.  We had the "Krazen classifies the news" thread.  Why not his own deluge?

You guys do realize that Krazen enjoys nothing more than making everyone freak out, right?

Yeah, giving trolls their own thread is counterproductive.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »

I find him funny... that's why I thought he said have one.  The "Krazen classifies the news" thread was great. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »

I have decided that I want to be in Fort Worth by Saturday, June 7, 2014 which is 8 days after I get my certificate.  Any time between Saturday, May 31 and Saturday, June 7, 2014.  So, to attempt to accomplish that feat, I am going to start looking and applying for jobs in Fort Worth on Monday, April 14, 2014.  Between now and then, I will make a trip down there every 7 weeks to scope things out.  I'll go down early on a Saturday morning about 0500, spend all day down there, and come back late Saturday evening about 2100.  I will get a hotel for a night in October and in March during my fall and spring breaks.  My first trip down there will be July 13.  After that, I'll go August 31, October 18-20, December 7, January 25, March 14-16, May 3.  Plus, if and when I have interviews down there, I will go down there.  That will be 6 trips before I start applying.  The trips in August and October will be primarily to spot the locations of apartment.  The trips will be for the purpose of getting used to Fort Worth traffic, finding and driving to different businesses from different apartments that I find in the previous trips such as grocery stores, shopping centers, restaurants, banks, post offices, churches, as well as exploring the city streets and highways.  I'll be doing quite a bit of driving, and I'll be using quite a bit of gas, but its an effort to hit the ground running and already know where stuff is at when I move down there next June.

The overnight stays in October and March will be to do more in depth exploring.  The trip in March will be to actually talk to some apartment managers and try to take a tour and get some ideas.  Also both in October and March, I want to go to church down there on the Sunday morning that I come home and get an idea of what church I may want to get involved in and get plugged into.

They won't be aimless trips like the one I had to Alva last week.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »

Classic Naso, acting like his family is any sort of accurate indicator:

I was speaking with my mother and her husband last night, both Obama 2008 and 2012 voters and fans of Bill Clinton (although my mother less so) and we were discussing politics and brought up Hillary. Her husband said, "I don't think her health is that great" and my mom responded with, "Yeah she looks awful have you seen her lately?"

I think she's old news, personally. This idea that she triumphs Reagan or Obama style is a pipe dream.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »

25 posts in and he gets here. 

If I gave you a 500 million transistor chip, would you say it evolutioned by Darwinian evolution or was it designed?   If I gave you a ten transistor chip from 40 years ago, would you say it evolved or was designed?
   DNA is more complex than that chip.  I wonder is it Darwinian evolution or design?

If one MUST believe that a 10 transistor (or even a 1 transistor) chip was created by design and not by evolution, then what's wrong with believing that DNA was created by a designer - GOD?

The DESIGNER created a coding system that can adapt to the environment so that the creature could survive even as conditions changed.

It seems that complex life (creating oxygen) existed as far back as the rocks can show around 3.7 billion years ago.  How did this happen?  Evolution could in no way, not, nada created these complex organisms in 0/instantaneous time.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »

britain, but due to terrorists, new hampshire...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 05:20:30 AM »

25 posts in and he gets here. 

If I gave you a 500 million transistor chip, would you say it evolutioned by Darwinian evolution or was it designed?   If I gave you a ten transistor chip from 40 years ago, would you say it evolved or was designed?
   DNA is more complex than that chip.  I wonder is it Darwinian evolution or design?

If one MUST believe that a 10 transistor (or even a 1 transistor) chip was created by design and not by evolution, then what's wrong with believing that DNA was created by a designer - GOD?

The DESIGNER created a coding system that can adapt to the environment so that the creature could survive even as conditions changed.

It seems that complex life (creating oxygen) existed as far back as the rocks can show around 3.7 billion years ago.  How did this happen?  Evolution could in no way, not, nada created these complex organisms in 0/instantaneous time.

i can only hope this person is trolling
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »

Nope.  Judging by his first 24 posts,  starting here in this thread about the historicity of Moses, I think he is both sincere and quite impervious to reason.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:56 PM »

huge swaths of the country are moving towards living conditions resembling something between a 2nd and a 3rd world country.  not that poverty doesn't exist in the liberal urban centers, but rudiments of civilization, the rule of law, and literacy do in large part exist.  not so for the deep and now peripheral South.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 12:00:24 AM »

Ben aims for more Moderate Hero points.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 12:24:32 AM »

Roll Eyes  Tweed's post was moronic, pure and simple.  Another pathetic piece of Dixiephobia.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 07:24:36 AM »

Well, my possibly soon-to-be girlfriend is not exactly progressive on this sort of thing, so the point is moot. :/

poor sawx Sad
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »

Classic Mike:

All I ever hear is "Ted Cruz is crazy" or "Rand Paul is unelectable" or "Chris Christie will never be accepted by the base" or "Jeb Bush? LOL"

How about we critique some of the Democratic contenders...

Hillary Clinton, vastly over-rated, 69 years old in 2016, Obama-era "scandals" hanging over her head.

Joe Biden, likely a weak candidate, 74 years old in 2016, a gaffe machine and clearly not ideal to bring out the minorities.

Elizabeth Warren, a liberal one-term Senator from Massachusetts, not aesthetically pleasing in the least, who'll be 69 years old in 2016.

Martin O'Malley and Brian Schweitzer are by far better choices, and for once it appears the Democrats may have old people who are not aesthetically pleasing at the top of their tickets. I'm tired of the bias on this message board.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »

"...clearly not ideal to bring out the minorities."
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »

"...clearly not ideal to bring out the minorities."

"...not aesthetically pleasing in the least"
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=174479.0

The entire thread.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »

There is no such thing as a free breakfast. There are of course plenty of paid by someone else breakfasts already handed out by heavily overfunded spendthrift school districts.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 02:04:32 PM by Paul Kemp »

The return of kobidobidog:

The reason people are at war against the zoo is because humans don't see themselves as an animal that is born naked Yes i said naked. and goes back to the dust like any animal. Don't see that refuse to be like Jesus who judged himself.  Don't judge yourself strike out at others. That is called warring if you don't know already.  zoosexuality would be legal had we not had jails that Jesus would look narrowly upon.

People against zoosexuality are like religious people Jesus faced. They thought that warring against a person was a good work. Everyone should know that warring is not a good work.

Jesus would not be mussing about in his head thinking should this be legal or should that be legal. People against him thought that way. Jesus wanted people to judge themselves. Can't people do that? Asking whether zoosexuality can be legal is asking if sex can be legal.

Haters will war. The minority does not want to war. Wouldn't it be better to have more people that are not warring? People that war have unstable minds. Stable minded people will allow zoosexuality.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2013, 02:07:43 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 02:15:24 PM by HockeyDude »

The reason people are at war against the zoo is because humans don't see themselves as an animal that is born naked Yes i said naked. and goes back to the dust like any animal. Don't see that refuse to be like Jesus who judged himself.  Don't judge yourself strike out at others. That is called warring if you don't know already.  zoosexuality would be legal had we not had jails that Jesus would look narrowly upon.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »

I don't think you did that right.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »

I don't think you did that right.

Better?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »

One of the most brilliant minds and best speakers in public life defeats the gaffe prone 74 year old.

Winfield on Ted Cruz vs. Joe Biden.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2013, 01:52:58 AM »

I see a lot of people here clamming that the Northeast and the Midwest could be competitive in the future because the Democratic Party is performing poorly among whites.

While I agree that the Midwest would be more competitive in the future, I disagree that this is a case in the Northeast.

That the Democratic Party is losing the white vote is out of its control. The Democratic Party is strong in the Midwest because of unionized labor. Unions have been experiencing a deep decline especially in the Midwest and that mean that the strength of the Democratic Party in that region will recede.

The Democratic Party is a strong in the Northeast because the Northeast is very socially liberal. When the Republican Party embraced cultural conservatism, it alienated a lot of northeasterners and bring it to the Democratic fold.

As a result, while the Midwest will likely become more Republican, the Northeast will be unlikely to change significantly.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »

I see a lot of people here clamming that the Northeast and the Midwest could be competitive in the future because the Democratic Party is performing poorly among whites.

While I agree that the Midwest would be more competitive in the future, I disagree that this is a case in the Northeast.

That the Democratic Party is losing the white vote is out of its control. The Democratic Party is strong in the Midwest because of unionized labor. Unions have been experiencing a deep decline especially in the Midwest and that mean that the strength of the Democratic Party in that region will recede.

The Democratic Party is a strong in the Northeast because the Northeast is very socially liberal. When the Republican Party embraced cultural conservatism, it alienated a lot of northeasterners and bring it to the Democratic fold.

As a result, while the Midwest will likely become more Republican, the Northeast will be unlikely to change significantly.

How is this a bad post? It's probably the most likely electoral map going forward.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies