capitalism and eternal growth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:46:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  capitalism and eternal growth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: capitalism and eternal growth  (Read 12067 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: May 24, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »

Capitalism is more than a market economy. Its a form of market economy in which a class of capital owners control the means of production - or at least most of them.

I have no freaking clue what "capitalism" means. The term is entirely meaningless to me and has no descriptive value.
Then you shouldn't be an economist.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »

Then you shouldn't be an economist.

Why? Do you honestly believe that being an economist requires using meaningless words?
No, I just see your transparent attempt to be ignorant of the meaning of some basic words or the framing of Tweed's argument to be ridiculous.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

Ah, just so that nobody has to recall. Inflation is growth in prices, as expressed, normally, in money. Deflation is negative inflation. If there are fewer goods out there and the money supply is unchanged, then, in general, you get INFLATION, not DEFLATION: you know, if the number of dollars hasn't changed, and the number of cows decreased, cheese will become more expensive, not less. Should I continue on the rest as well?

The same logic can be applied to the climate change debate.  Using surface temperature as a measure for climate change, while a rough representation, does not take everything into account.

In the end, the best measure is to measure total energy input and total energy output of the climate system.

Using surface temperature measurements would be like measuring the air temperature in a small kitchen to test whether the pot of water on the flame is heating up or cooling down.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »

Ah, just so that nobody has to recall. Inflation is growth in prices, as expressed, normally, in money. Deflation is negative inflation. If there are fewer goods out there and the money supply is unchanged, then, in general, you get INFLATION, not DEFLATION: you know, if the number of dollars hasn't changed, and the number of cows decreased, cheese will become more expensive, not less. Should I continue on the rest as well?

The same logic can be applied to the climate change debate.  Using surface temperature as a measure for climate change, while a rough representation, does not take everything into account.

In the end, the best measure is to measure total energy input and total energy output of the climate system.

Using surface temperature measurements would be like measuring the air temperature in a small kitchen to test whether the pot of water on the flame is heating up or cooling down.

Would you mind clarifying, what is this about. To me (and, apparently, to some others) it appears to be a complete non sequitur.

Would you mind clarifying, what is this about. To me (and, apparently, to some others) it appears to be a complete non sequitur.
Merely me talking to myself... trying to understand your convoluted posts by framing it in a context I better understand.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »

And peak population is likely to be earlier than predicted... as fertility falls faster than predicted with the projected recovery not having occurred in developed nations (look at fertility trends the past 5 years in developed nations).  And global warming... well, we'll see about that.

You seem to be an alarmist down to your very core, Politicus.  You can't open a door without seeing catastrophe.

And you describe conformism as a negative.. yet you live that ideology and demand others do so as well (lest they be more dangerous than a holocaust denier).  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies