Political ads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:02:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Political ads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political ads  (Read 193 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »

Hello everyone, I think it could be interesting to open a subject of this part of campaigning. Communication is probably   Please post the political ads you think interesting or just simple crazy (or an another reason).

So I begin: Tea party, a movement on fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xReYMOL8nZY
I want to precise I hate the Tea Party but I just think this ad has been really worked.
1) The Developement Party:
It's a big allusion toward the Democratic Party (same initials Tongue). They tied this party with communism, which wants to totally control your life: "When you provide every needs, then you are fully developped". And a symbol which can be tied with the nazi symbol! A party which seems to be against liberty: "15 years  ago, freedom died" and we can see a demonstration to be fired. And this party gains control of the senate: an allusion of the US senate which is controlled by the democrats. So this ad successfully tied the democratic party (by the developpement party) with an authoritarian communism. And Internet-users tend to be libertarians (but it's my opinion).
2) How they present themselves
They are young and come from different ethnic groups: we can see black and white peoples. They are the champion of the freedom: The woman who represents the statue of liberty. They are presented really positively and they fight against the police and the government. They don't immediately say that they come from the Tea Party and that they are fiscal conservatist (in the end) so we developp a favorable opinion of them. Nothing is said about conservatism because it's the internet users who are are targeted according to me, so the libertarians! I think they manage to target this category successfully, developping a great art of TV ads.

What do you think about this ad? And don't hesitate to post political ads you think it could be interested to see. Communication is really important in politics and I think that this part isn't really developped on Atlasia!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:18:38 AM »

Yes its a bunch of subtle connections linking the democrats to the communists and the nazis, but I doubt it will catch on. We also must remind ourselves that less older people use the internet than younger people. And younger people tend to be more liberal. Plus, this ad is really generic. I might also add that the Tea Party is thought of as an extremist group within most of the political mainstream. Also, personally, that ad just made me want to roll my eyes over and over and over... ots freaking annoying. I'll see if I can find some ads to post.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »

The other side... imagine a right-wing Party that has established an economic order in which democracy has become a sham because employers get to direct how their employees vote, living standards plummet, the accepted religious authorities tell people that they must work harder and longer under harsher conditions for lower pay so that they can get rewards in heaven for making the elites richer, in which dissidents are tortured and murdered in a Dirty War... propaganda tells people that their lives mean nothing in contrast to the gracious living of people who live like sultans in ante-bellum mansions...

Enforcers are the KKK, racist skinheads, 'outlaw' motorcycle gangs, and 'former' urban criminal gangs who get some semblance of freedom in return for betraying their people. We are warned not to listen to foreign broadcasts if we live near Havana, Tijuana, Winnipeg, or Montreal...

I think that under such circumstances, I could sell out to the military intelligence service of some foreign power cheaply.     
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies