Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:11:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature?
Yes (IDS resident)
No (IDS resident)
Yes (Non-IDS resident)
No (Non-IDS resident)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature?  (Read 1822 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 01:03:55 PM »

Labor has suffered worse attacks than mine. Actually, endorsing hard right candidates is an issue that should worry people with common sense in the right. Don't be a winger Wink

Has it been mentioned that Pingvin is literally a neo-nazi who punches women in the face? If not, that should be mentioned.

Anyway, yes, obviously THE IMPERIAL METALLICA EMPEROR OF THE DARK SOUTH thing is tacky and tired but whatever.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »

I just said that Pingvin has "weird political views" and something about "hard right" and, well, that pic of Zhirinovski and the silly discussion with ZuWo on the word "carpetbagger" Grin Let's say that the kid is "hardcore". Actually, my major critique is towards whom they support a candidate with these characteristics. If I recall well, he had a high dignity in the past and it was a disaster. On the other hand I always keep in mind that this is just a game, but perhaps it would be better acting in a somewhat serious fashion in order that it works.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 05:41:18 PM »

Labor has suffered worse attacks than mine. Actually, endorsing hard right candidates is an issue that should worry people with common sense in the right. Don't be a winger Wink

Has it been mentioned that Pingvin is literally a neo-nazi who punches women in the face? If not, that should be mentioned.

Anyway, yes, obviously THE IMPERIAL METALLICA EMPEROR OF THE DARK SOUTH thing is tacky and tired but whatever.

I thought you were dead. You gonna go for a third time in two months?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 06:55:01 PM »

Perhaps. But they also shouldn't change everything to boring, normal names.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 04:20:57 AM »

Years ago I proposed that the region be renamed the Filthy South. I still stand by this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

FTR I am not even advocating bringing back the Dirty South, even though I miss it. I just want our actual southern traditions and terms back. Not these silly imperial names and royal guards, coat of arms, and imperial police.

Oh, and why on earth did we move the capital from Charleston to Memphis?! That's the saddest part of it all.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 02:08:33 AM »

The capital has always officially been Memphis. I remember the Charleston movement and the Governor's Plantation well, but our attempt to make it official ended in failure.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 03:39:19 AM »

FTR I am not even advocating bringing back the Dirty South, even though I miss it. I just want our actual southern traditions and terms back. Not these silly imperial names and royal guards, coat of arms, and imperial police.

Oh, and why on earth did we move the capital from Charleston to Memphis?! That's the saddest part of it all.

The capital has always officially been Memphis. I remember the Charleston movement and the Governor's Plantation well, but our attempt to make it official ended in failure.

Obviously, some sort of consensus and compromise is achievable - with some slight deference to The People?

On a separate note, I'm glad to see 58% of active IDS citizens would like to repeal these silly names.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 09:06:21 AM »

We never officially moved it from Memphis? I never resided in that terrible place during my years as governor. Tongue

I forgot just how rebellious the RPP was back in those days. Wink
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »

My personal preference is New Orleans, though Atlanta might be well. Memphis and Charleston have a rather eccentric location in the region. As for the name, I've stated my choice several times: the South. Do you have ideas to replace 'Emperor' with something or should we come back to 'Governor' by default?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:55 AM »

I've come to have a deep respect for the Imperial Dominion of the South, its heritage, and its unique form of government. Being an honorary Captain of the IDS Militia, I have a special stake in the survival of the Empire.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »

That's not what The People want, Cathy. Are you still on Our side?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »

Obviously, some sort of consensus and compromise is achievable - with some slight deference to The People?

On a separate note, I'm glad to see 58% of active IDS citizens would like to repeal these silly names.

And if we triangulate this coordinates.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 11:43:51 PM »

The opposition to moving the capital had nothing to do with location. It was because we had already spent billions to create a government complex in Memphis. Abandoning it for somewhere else would be irresponsible usage of taxpayer dollars.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies