Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:18:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 173678 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: June 06, 2013, 12:58:44 AM »

I really don't think I need mental or psychological help.  I'm not going to pursue any kind of professional help until well after I move to Fort Worth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1926 on: June 06, 2013, 12:59:26 AM »

Folks, it's 1:00 am, so it is bed time!  Hopefully, we can finish up Update VII today!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1927 on: June 06, 2013, 01:11:28 AM »

I really don't think I need mental or psychological help.  I'm not going to pursue any kind of professional help until well after I move to Fort Worth.

Yeah... that's a great attitude to have when you've just admitted to having half the signs of ASPD...  You're an incredible person, Jeff.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1928 on: June 06, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »

Inks, I promise that nobody's Forum experience is being enhanced by your posts in this thread.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1929 on: June 06, 2013, 01:25:50 AM »

Inks, I promise that nobody's Forum experience is being enhanced by your posts in this thread.

Yeah, coming from the kid who hacks people's accounts, this doesn't mean much...
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1930 on: June 06, 2013, 01:27:44 AM »

Just get Spotify premium and you can listen to crap all the time on your iPhone.

How are you liking your iPhone, bushie? Better than those godforsaken droid phones?

I really like my iPhone.  I'm kind of eating my words in a way.  I vowed a long time ago never to buy anything that has a piece of half eaten fruit as its logo.  I was so much a Microsoft/Android person all the way.  I still do not like Mac computers, but the iPhone is a pretty cool little toy!

There you go! Now you can buy a Mac and iPad to go along with your iPhone! It's okay. And before you know it, you'll be going to Starbucks like me! The transformation has begun!

Did you know iPhone users have more sex than Droid users? Food for thought.
I'm currently deciding between an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4 as my iPhone 4 is starting to really wear down, of course I've had it for 2 years, but both the iPhone 5 and GS4 are very compelling choices ugh decisions decisions. The Computer is a no brainer though, Mac all the way!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1931 on: June 06, 2013, 01:28:56 AM »

Changing the subject just a little bit.  But, there is one subject I haven't brought up in a while, but I'm going to now.  CHRISTMAS.  One month from yesterday, Friday, July 5, 2013, I will be breaking out the Christmas Music for my 32nd Christmas. Smiley  Yes, indeed, after I get back from Kenya and after the 4th of July has come and gone, I will be turning my holiday attention to Christmas 2013!

Bushie, I really, really love the beautiful and meaningful traditional Christmases that my family and I have, and I spend a lot of time thinking about and preparing for them as each passing year wears to an end, but that's almost half the calendar away.

I don't care what the calendar says.  I can listen to Christmas music year round.  In fact, one of the first full albums that I downloaded on my iTunes on my iPhone was Cristy Lane's Christmas Classics.  I listen to that occasionally.  It soothes me and helps me relax.  I'm already checking out Hobby Lobby for their Christmas decorations, and yes I am counting down not just the days, but the hours, as well.

Okay, I'll play along. What are some of your favorite carols?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1932 on: June 06, 2013, 02:07:12 AM »

Changing the subject just a little bit.  But, there is one subject I haven't brought up in a while, but I'm going to now.  CHRISTMAS.  One month from yesterday, Friday, July 5, 2013, I will be breaking out the Christmas Music for my 32nd Christmas. Smiley  Yes, indeed, after I get back from Kenya and after the 4th of July has come and gone, I will be turning my holiday attention to Christmas 2013!

Bushie, I really, really love the beautiful and meaningful traditional Christmases that my family and I have, and I spend a lot of time thinking about and preparing for them as each passing year wears to an end, but that's almost half the calendar away.

I don't care what the calendar says.  I can listen to Christmas music year round.  In fact, one of the first full albums that I downloaded on my iTunes on my iPhone was Cristy Lane's Christmas Classics.  I listen to that occasionally.  It soothes me and helps me relax.  I'm already checking out Hobby Lobby for their Christmas decorations, and yes I am counting down not just the days, but the hours, as well.

I think you may have just opened Pandora's Box.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1933 on: June 06, 2013, 02:30:27 AM »

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1934 on: June 06, 2013, 07:00:11 AM »

Bushie's 'Focus on Christmas' from July to January is always the best.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1935 on: June 06, 2013, 07:12:30 AM »

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1936 on: June 06, 2013, 07:43:08 AM »

Changing the subject just a little bit.  But, there is one subject I haven't brought up in a while, but I'm going to now.  CHRISTMAS.  One month from yesterday, Friday, July 5, 2013, I will be breaking out the Christmas Music for my 32nd Christmas. Smiley  Yes, indeed, after I get back from Kenya and after the 4th of July has come and gone, I will be turning my holiday attention to Christmas 2013!

I don't care what the calendar says.  I can listen to Christmas music year round.  In fact, one of the first full albums that I downloaded on my iTunes on my iPhone was Cristy Lane's Christmas Classics.  I listen to that occasionally.  It soothes me and helps me relax.  I'm already checking out Hobby Lobby for their Christmas decorations, and yes I am counting down not just the days, but the hours, as well.

I think you may have just opened Pandora's Box.

Probably, but I'm genuinely curious about what exact variants of dodgy Americana Christmas music Bushie prefers.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1937 on: June 06, 2013, 07:55:15 AM »

well we can officially call off the walk today.  bushie is focusing on christmas.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1938 on: June 06, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »

well we can officially call off the walk today.  bushie is focusing on christmas.

Today? All 'walks' until January are cancelled. Christmas first.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1939 on: June 06, 2013, 08:37:50 AM »

Today? All 'walks' until January are cancelled. Christmas first.

And you can bet your ass our precious Bushie will not be walking around outside in January. Too chilly.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1940 on: June 06, 2013, 08:47:53 AM »

McDonalds, then Subway.  He probably didnt' let us know about the Golden Corral, IHOP, or other diner trips.

Does no one in your house make breakfast or lunch?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1941 on: June 06, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »

Good Thursday Morning! I woke up at 7:45 am and called the doctor promptly at 8:01 am.  I have an appointment at 9:40 am, which I'll leave at 9:00.  I'll hopefully be able to get some answers to my 11-day migraine headache.  I'm also going to try to get a prescription for anti-malarial medicine, for my Kenya trip, that I can get filled at a civilian pharmacy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1942 on: June 06, 2013, 09:28:09 AM »

11 day migrane! How can you live like that?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1943 on: June 06, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »

What is a civilian pharmacy? As opposed to a military pharmacy or something?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1944 on: June 06, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2013, 11:00:16 AM by politicus »

Non-Indian, I suppose.

Jeff should put up a Christmas Tree of some sorts and walk around it a 1000 times.

Or just redecorate it daily. Likely more exercise than he gets now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139374-christmas-tree-decorating-what-exercise  
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1945 on: June 06, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »

I don't doubt that Bushie meets the qualifications for some sort of mental disorder. Most people do. But I think most poster overestimate the ability of psychiatrists to treat them. I come from a family who spends plenty of time at psychiatrists. We're all still nuts. Our understanding of the brain is very limited, and so are our treatments. We have stimulants, which speed you up and increase focus by increasing dopamine. Then there are benzos, which treat anxiety by calming you down and making you sleepy. Anti-psychotics block dopamine in an attempt to prevent hallucinations and such that are the result of too much. Long term use of all of the above produces tolerance, so the drugs are also not as effective over time. And then there are the SSRI anti-depressants, which don't actually do anything at all for most people, except make them fat and uninterested in sex. Tragically, as of yet, Oklahoma is not a treatable condition.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1946 on: June 06, 2013, 10:52:31 AM »

I come from a family who spends plenty of time at psychiatrists. We're all still nuts.

That explains a lot. Wink

Tragically, as of yet, Oklahoma is not a treatable condition.

Moving far away would be a good start on the healing process.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1947 on: June 06, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »

Well, the doctor gave me a shot for my migraines, but thankfully, I was still able to drive home.  I'm about to take a nap as the shot is making me fade.  I do need to be up to meet the bride and groom at the church to show them the facilities at 1500.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1948 on: June 06, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »

Non-Indian, I suppose.

Jeff should put up a Christmas Tree of some sorts and walk around it a 1000 times.

Or just redecorate it daily. Likely more exercise than he gets now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139374-christmas-tree-decorating-what-exercise 

Correct, civilian in this instance means non-Indian.  I probably could have used a better term, but that's the only one I had at the time.

I'll have to check that link out this evening after I get back from the church.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1949 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2013, 01:18:51 PM by memphis »

Perhaps instead of "civilian" you can use "pale face." How would you rate the red men doctors? Are their facilities up to the standards of the medical care the rest of us use? Are the doctors injuns also or merely MDs of any nationality that the tribe pays to treat members?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies