Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 08:51:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 174854 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: May 18, 2013, 12:39:02 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  Potentially big severe weather day ahead.  Must get sleep.  Over and out.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #701 on: May 18, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »

(a friend is over, and has persuaded me to include the following out of concern that I was being too rude)

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #702 on: May 18, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »

I slept well, now I'm about to begin the day.  My ankle is sore, so it will be a challenge walking this morning.  We have some big storms that are supposed to move through the next three days.  I'll be glued to the weather all afternoon and evening.  I love these events!  This is what I live for as a wannabe meteorologist.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #703 on: May 18, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »

Go outside and give us field report. Get out of the house and do something.

Sitting around eating cheetos and watching the weather channel will not get you to Kenya.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #704 on: May 18, 2013, 10:18:22 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2013, 10:21:13 AM by Bacon King »

I slept well, now I'm about to begin the day.  My ankle is sore, so it will be a challenge walking this morning.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #705 on: May 18, 2013, 11:14:12 AM »

Weather.com gives OKC a 10% chance of rain today. Also, watching weather coverage on tv doesn't make one a meteorologist anymore than watching ESPN makes one an athlete.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: May 18, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »

Weather.com gives OKC a 10% chance of rain today. Also, watching weather coverage on tv doesn't make one a meteorologist anymore than watching ESPN makes one an athlete.

I had dreams of being a meteorologist as a child, but those are dreams that are not reachable at this point.

I track severe weather all across Oklahoma, not just Oklahoma City.  I even have a blog on my facebook that I update my followers on severe weather conditions across the state, since I have friends everywhere in Oklahoma.  I even cover the panhandle as I have friends who live in Harper County which is just outside the panhandle.

Anyway, I did walk today despite a sore ankle.  My ankle limited me to 0.80 mile in 18:15.  I wanted to go at least another half mile, but my ankle was really hurting and I was starting to limp back to the car.  I then had Subway for lunch before coming home.  It wasn't as far as I wanted to walk, but it was better than sitting on my bottom all day.  I may allow my ankle to rest tomorrow as I'll be super busy most of the day with very little time to walk.  I've got to lead the music tomorrow morning at church, then I'll have a little time in the afternoon, but I'll be tracking severe weather again, then I have the Packing Party from 16:00-17:30, I'm preaching tomorrow night from 18:00-19:15, and then I am helping my cousin get the kids to bed from 19:30-21:30.  Her husband (my Pastor) is now in Haiti on a mission trip for the next week, so I have offered to help put the kids to bed each evening while he's gone.  Putting 6 kids to bed by yourself, I'm sure is not easy.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: May 18, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2013, 01:01:20 PM by Bacon King »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/312968062119947/

Group created on May 30, 2012
16 members

95 weather update posts
7951 words

11 likes (among all updates)
16 comments (among all updates)

No update seen by more than 6 members
No update with comments from more than one person
No update with more than two likes

no gif is sufficient for this
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #708 on: May 18, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #709 on: May 18, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »

Try just eating one sandwich, like a normal person.

If we're talking about the typical weak, thin, homemade sandwich - two slices of white bread, a couple of thin slices of ham and maybe one thin slice of Swiss cheese, with a little mustard and mayo, I'd probably eat two of those as well.  One is nothing.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #710 on: May 18, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »

Did he copy and paste the weather report?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #711 on: May 18, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »

bushie wont approve me as a friend on the fb Sad
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #712 on: May 18, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »

His parents might find out he's friends with an atheist. Then, he'd be homeless.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #713 on: May 18, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »

Did he copy and paste the weather report?

Copied and pasted between the blog and my main wall.

I typed it all my own.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #714 on: May 18, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »

His parents might find out he's friends with an atheist. Then, he'd be homeless.

I just approved Walter as a friend.

My parents could care less who I'm friends with, and I could care less if they cared more.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #715 on: May 18, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »

according to the latest mesoscale discussion from the spc, a 95% chance of a tornado watch being issued this afternoon for central oklahoma.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #716 on: May 18, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »

I just approved Walter as a friend.

My parents could care less who I'm friends with, and I could care less if they cared more.

UGH

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173690.0
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: May 18, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #718 on: May 18, 2013, 02:59:17 PM »

Looks like he's made one good decision over the past few years. Unless he has a desire to hear about how awesome Sheldon Whitehouse and Jack Reed are or has a fondness for sandwich wraps.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #719 on: May 18, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »

Looks like he's made one good decision over the past few years. Unless he has a desire to hear about how awesome Sheldon Whitehouse and Jack Reed are or has a fondness for sandwich wraps.

Yeah, but they're both weather nazis so that will work. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #720 on: May 18, 2013, 03:26:05 PM »

Tornado Watch #171 has indeed been issued for Central and Western Oklahoma and Western North Texas until 2300.  Tornado Watch #170 for Western Kansas, Northeastern Colorado, Western Nebraska also until 2300 CDT (2200 MDT).  Watch 171 includes Oklahoma City and Watch 170 includes Wichita, Kansas.
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #721 on: May 18, 2013, 03:29:19 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2013, 03:33:42 PM by HoosierPoliticalJunkie »

May I ask the forum a question?  Anybody who wants to respond feel free?

Why am I not encouraged to follow my dreams?  Am I somehow not allowed to follow my dreams?  Every time I mention something I hear people constantly saying "it's impossible", "don't try it", "you're wasting your time", "it's a pipe dream", etc.

I have made many mistakes, but it doesn't mean I have no right to pursue my dreams.

Because it's is actually important I'll break my vow of update silence and explain this one for you. (And yeah all these gifs has a specific message I'm trying to make, although admittedly some are so abstract I'm not really expecting anyone get them).

The net symbolizes your goals.

The jumping man is you.

His rolls of fat are your rolls of fat and also symbolizes your numerous habits that are unhealthy for you mentally and physically.

The mat is your dependency on others because you're unable to take care of yourself.

EDIT: And just so we're clear I'll go ahead and connect the dots between these concepts. If you try to keep your eye on the prize without solving the problems that are holding you back you'll fail and nothing will change. Get your day to day life in order before you even think about what your plans will be more than like a year from now. If you can't even motivate yourself to walk around the block how do you think you'll motivate yourself to focus on your education and graduate at the time you're expecting, let alone keep up with all the other things you want to do after that?

What you don't realize, BK, is my life is in order.  I do have things together.  No body believes me, but I seriously do have things together.  I've got my God to fill in the gaps.  One thing I know is certain, the duration of my life will be focused on foreign missions (a very noble and non-egotistical endeavor).  It just remains a question of which capacity do I enter the mission field?  Do I enter through the Peace Corps (which is foreign missions) or do I enter directly through Maisha?  That part, I don't have figured out, yet.  As far as my weight goes, would people please give me a freakin' chance!!!!!  I am going to a Dietitian next Wednesday, but not a single post has been made on that.  Everybody is saying I am doomed and have absolutely no hope.  Where is the encouragement in that?  Give me a chance!!!!

Why should we mention your dietician?  History has shown us that you don't listen to your doctors.  A year ago, you were seeing the new Indian doctor who told you to lose weight, and back then, you vowed to lose weight.  Month after month, you keep telling us you're going to lose weight, yet it hasn't happened.  Why is this time going to be any different?  Sure, you think it's going to be, but the precedent says otherwise.

Precedent may say otherwise, but that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the future.

I wish people would give me a chance before they say I'm hopeless and I will never change and attempt to discourage me from doing something radical.  My dreams don't have to be what everybody else is doing.  I can have radical dreams, and I can achieve them.
Success breeds success.  Failure breeds failure.  It's not just a trend, it's quantum mechanics.  

EDIT:  Also, Jeff, I'm a high school sophomore whose parents forced me to join the high school cross country team despite my complete lack of desire to do it.  But I sucked it up and ran from 6-12 miles(the 12 miles would be spread out over 2 practices) every day.  If I can do that, then you can walk a freaking quarter mile every day.  Come on!  Show a little discipline!  If you don't have the discipline to do extremely easy walking, how could you ever have the discipline to be a missionary at Kenya?   
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #722 on: May 18, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »

Success breeds success.  Failure breeds failure.  It's not just a trend, it's quantum mechanics.

Good lord, what offensive nonsense.  You're completely duped, I'm afraid, HPJ.  BushOK can't do anything about his fate any more than any of us can.
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #723 on: May 18, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »

Success breeds success.  Failure breeds failure.  It's not just a trend, it's quantum mechanics.

Good lord, what offensive nonsense.  You're completely duped, I'm afraid, HPJ.  BushOK can't do anything about his fate any more than any of us can.

All I'm saying is that if you keep failing, you're more likely to fail in the future.  So, if he wants to succeed, he needs to change course.  A free-throw shooter after never doing it right in practice would have a hard time making it in the real thing.  What I'm suggesting is that Bushie starts making real, significant adjustments now.  Then, success will start to pile up.  Bushie can help himself - after all, people are responsible for their own actions, including diet and exercise.  He just needs to make adjustments. 

I think Bushie's dream can succeed, but only with a significant attitudinal adjustment.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #724 on: May 18, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »

The latest BushOK Facebook status update is beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies