Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 08:29:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 174731 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: May 16, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #551 on: May 16, 2013, 08:20:23 PM »

Hey if Bushie gets into shape, maybe this will be him in five years:

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #552 on: May 16, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »

These constant pipe dreams and inability to focus on anything is not normal and you need to see a therapist.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #553 on: May 16, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »

If I do go up to Alva, I will try to get into a low-rent apartment around town.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #554 on: May 16, 2013, 08:24:16 PM »

These constant pipe dreams and inability to focus on anything is not normal and you need to see a therapist.

So, its not normal to have dreams?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2013, 08:26:21 PM »

Nope. You have a new plan, dream and goal every day. This is not normal behavior and you need to fix it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2013, 08:28:06 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2013, 08:36:38 PM by Bacon King »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »

May I ask the forum a question?  Anybody who wants to respond feel free?

Why am I not encouraged to follow my dreams?  Am I somehow not allowed to follow my dreams?  Every time I mention something I hear people constantly saying "it's impossible", "don't try it", "you're wasting your time", "it's a pipe dream", etc.

I have made many mistakes, but it doesn't mean I have no right to pursue my dreams.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #558 on: May 16, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »

Nope. You have a new plan, dream and goal every day. This is not normal behavior and you need to fix it.

Have you heard of the term called "change"?  My plans are not completely different each time, they are evolving.  I don't know if you realize, but the Peace Corps is related to foreign missions.  Yes, I need to find one thing and stick to it, but to think that it is somehow not normal to still be searching for one's calling is ludicrous
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #559 on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:39 PM »

Why am I not encouraged to follow my dreams?  Am I somehow not allowed to follow my dreams?  Every time I mention something I hear people constantly saying "it's impossible", "don't try it", "you're wasting your time", "it's a pipe dream", etc.

I have made many mistakes, but it doesn't mean I have no right to pursue my dreams.

Which dream, the pastor, the Rainbow system guy, the architect, The Utahan, the Peace corps, the Maisha rep, the church planter, the devoted husband caring for a disabled wife and her mammy, dell guy, parks department guy, weight loss guy, which one is it Jeff.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #560 on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »

OK, last one for now:

Yes, I need to find one thing and stick to it, but to think that it is somehow not normal to still be searching for one's calling is ludicrous

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #561 on: May 16, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »

Which dream, the pastor, the Rainbow system guy, the architect, The Utahan, the Peace corps, the Maisha rep, the church planter, the devoted husband caring for a disabled wife and her mammy, dell guy, parks department guy, weight loss guy, which one is it Jeff.

You didn't answer my question.  Have you heard of someone still searching for their calling, and throwing out ideas out loud?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: May 16, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #563 on: May 16, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »

Have you heard of the term called "change"?  My plans are not completely different each time, they are evolving.  I don't know if you realize, but the Peace Corps is related to foreign missions.  Yes, I need to find one thing and stick to it, but to think that it is somehow not normal to still be searching for one's calling is ludicrous

Your thought patterns are sabotaging your life.  You are lacking in focus and worse yet not learning from your missteps. I think talking to someone will help you.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #564 on: May 16, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2013, 08:56:10 PM by Bacon King »

Because it's is actually important I'll break my vow of update silence and explain this one for you. (And yeah all these gifs has a specific message I'm trying to make, although admittedly some are so abstract I'm not really expecting anyone get them).

The net symbolizes your goals.

The jumping man is you.

His rolls of fat are your rolls of fat and also symbolizes your numerous habits that are unhealthy for you mentally and physically.

The mat is your dependency on others because you're unable to take care of yourself.

EDIT: And just so we're clear I'll go ahead and connect the dots between these concepts. If you try to keep your eye on the prize without solving the problems that are holding you back you'll fail and nothing will change. Get your day to day life in order before you even think about what your plans will be more than like a year from now. If you can't even motivate yourself to walk around the block how do you think you'll motivate yourself to focus on your education and graduate at the time you're expecting, let alone keep up with all the other things you want to do after that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: May 16, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »

Your thought patterns are sabotaging your life.  You are lacking in focus and worse yet not learning from your missteps. I think talking to someone will help you.

I do not have the money to see a super-expensive therapist who cares nothing for me except my wallet, but will charge me out the wazoo for a 5 minute session and prescribe me some expensive medication.  That's not going to happen.  That is not needed.  The only way I would go is if I were guaranteed to not have to pay a single solitary dime.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #566 on: May 16, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »

Your thought patterns are sabotaging your life.  You are lacking in focus and worse yet not learning from your missteps. I think talking to someone will help you.

I do not have the money to see a super-expensive therapist who cares nothing for me except my wallet, but will charge me out the wazoo for a 5 minute session and prescribe me some expensive medication.  That's not going to happen.  That is not needed.  The only way I would go is if I were guaranteed to not have to pay a single solitary dime.

So now you are frugal with other people's money? Grow up, get your $hit together and stop making excuses.

Bacon King that was beautiful man.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #567 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »

Do the Indians have free therapists too?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #568 on: May 16, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »

Because it's is actually important I'll break my vow of update silence and explain this one for you. (And yeah all these gifs has a specific message I'm trying to make, although admittedly some are so abstract I'm not really expecting anyone get them).

The jumping man is you.

His rolls of fat are your rolls of fat and also symbolizes your numerous habits that are unhealthy for you mentally and physically.

The mat is your dependency on others because you're unable to take care of yourself.

EDIT: And just so we're clear I'll go ahead and connect the dots between these concepts. If you try to keep your eye on the prize without solving the problems that are holding you back you'll fail and nothing will change. Get your day to day life in order before you even think about what your plans will be more than like a year from now. If you can't even motivate yourself to walk around the block how do you think you'll motivate yourself to focus on your education and graduate at the time you're expecting, let alone keep up with all the other things you want to do after that?

What you don't realize, BK, is my life is in order.  I do have things together.  No body believes me, but I seriously do have things together.  I've got my God to fill in the gaps.  One thing I know is certain, the duration of my life will be focused on foreign missions (a very noble and non-egotistical endeavor).  It just remains a question of which capacity do I enter the mission field?  Do I enter through the Peace Corps (which is foreign missions) or do I enter directly through Maisha?  That part, I don't have figured out, yet.  As far as my weight goes, would people please give me a freakin' chance!!!!!  I am going to a Dietitian next Wednesday, but not a single post has been made on that.  Everybody is saying I am doomed and have absolutely no hope.  Where is the encouragement in that?  Give me a chance!!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #569 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »

So now you are frugal with other people's money? Grow up, get your $hit together and stop making excuses.

Bacon King that was beautiful man.

I have grown up.  I do have my stuff together.  I am not making excuses.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #570 on: May 16, 2013, 09:05:09 PM »

The jumping man is you.

Well, if you're going to be all explicit about it, I guess I'll go along as well, with regard to my picture of the wallaby and the toilet paper:

The wallaby is Bushie.  The house it's in is Kenya.  It has to use the bathroom, but can't figure out how to use the toilet, or toilet paper, and just keeps looking through roll after rool of toilet paper for its calling.  It's not realizing that it's a wallaby, should probably be outside hopping around to lose weight, should focus on dreams that it's more suited to that don't have to do with Kenya, and that it's just making life more difficult for those who need to use the bathroom right now, and for whom there won't be any toilet paper left.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #571 on: May 16, 2013, 09:06:32 PM »

Glad to hear you have it all figured out then. Do you, Jeff. Do you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #572 on: May 16, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »

The jumping man is you.

Well, if you're going to be all explicit about it, I guess I'll go along as well, with regard to my picture of the wallaby and the toilet paper:

The wallaby is Bushie.  The house it's in is Kenya.  It has to use the bathroom, but can't figure out how to use the toilet, or toilet paper, and just keeps looking through roll after rool of toilet paper for its calling.  It's not realizing that it's a wallaby, should probably be outside hopping around to lose weight, should focus on dreams that it's more suited to that don't have to do with Kenya, and that it's just making life more difficult for those who need to use the bathroom right now, and for whom there won't be any toilet paper left.

So, my dreams and my calling to go to Kenya should not be pursued?  My life will end up in Kenya, that's not a question anymore.  The only question is when do I go.  Do I go right away (as in 2015), or do I start with the Peace Corps and go to Kenya when I get home)?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: May 16, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »

Glad to hear you have it all figured out then. Do you, Jeff. Do you.

I have everything figured out toward the last of this decade in beyond.  Like I just told Mr. Morden, my life will end up in Kenya.  That is no longer in doubt, and has not been in doubt for sometime.  The only question remains is when do I go.  Do I go to Kenya right away (as in 2015-2016) or do I start off in the Peace Corps, gain International Living Experience, and go to Kenya say in 2018?  The long term plan is set in stone, the short term plan is what I'm still trying to figure out.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #574 on: May 16, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies