Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:17:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you think is most likely to win this November?
Terry McAuliffe (D)

Ken Cuccinelli (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 168

Author Topic: Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?  (Read 66892 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 07, 2013, 04:26:48 PM »

August 11, 2006 was the day Virginia politics changed.  Forever.

What happened on August 11, 2006?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:18:29 AM »

I normally don't believe polls are wrong, but in this race, I think that Cuccinelli will pull off a huge upset.

If he were running against anyone else, I would not say this, but McAuliffe is such a consensus sleazebag that I've got to think that a number of folks in the middle will gag on him.  Virginia has some moderate Republicans, and they will, in the end, stick with Cuccinelli, only because McAuliffe is a sleazeball. 

McAuliffe is a sleazeball to the point where it is hard to imagine how he will effectively govern.  He will never be able to garner popularity to put forth his own legislative program.  He's damaged goods before he's even elected.  And there's 2 weeks to bring people to see this.  Cuccinelli's baggage is ideological to a point, but McAuliffe's is personal, and it's there for good.

And Cuccinelli doesn't have personal baggage? Doesn't he have the same kind of corruption problems that McDonnell has?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:30:14 AM »

You know, it's funny, Cuccinelli was the only candidate who could have lost to McAuliffe, yet McAuliffe was one of the few candidates who could've lost to Cuccinelli.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies