Van De Putte's future
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:00:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Van De Putte's future
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Van De Putte's future  (Read 645 times)
TX Conservative Dem
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »

Now that Davis is now IN the race for the Texas Governor's Mansion in 2014, the down-ballot statewide offices are going to be interesting as well.

For instance, the Lieutenant Governorship: will the Democrats finally convince State Senator Leticia Van De Putte (D-San Antonio) to run for the state's 2nd highest-office.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »

She said a few months ago she was waiting to see what her friend Wendy was going to do, her district is safe, and unlike Davis, she doesn't have to resign to run as her term is 4-years instead of 2, so if she loses she could just run for re-election in 2016 and win.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2013, 08:22:49 PM by badgate »

I have an idea, let's make a Texas politics thread for this board. Wink

I'm excited about the possibility of Van De Putte, but I'm not sure if she'll do it because of what's gone on for her family this year.

The down ballot race I'm really excited for, though, is Davis' senate seat. Joel Burns and Nicole Collier are both great candidates for it. I'd love to see either of them go up against Konni Burton, whom I'm still mad at for blocking me on Twitter.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/article/Van-de-Putte-still-mulling-run-with-Wendy-Davis-4867187.php

Van De Putte will announce a decision within two weeks.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »

~*~*~*~*~*BUMP*~*~*~*~*~

Van de Putte will announce Friday. Sources say she's running, which makes sense since it's a great opportunity and she'll still have her Senate seat.
http://www.texastribune.org/2013/11/13/van-de-putte-will-announce-future-plans-friday/

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

She'll probably have her event in San Antonio, but if she does for some reason hold it in the DFW metro I plan on being there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies