a question to ponder.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:46:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  a question to ponder.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a question to ponder....  (Read 8106 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: February 20, 2005, 03:24:34 PM »

im curious....

name one (serious) potential republican nominee that could carry vermont?

name one (serious) potential democrat nominee that could carry mississippi?

the question excludes the possibility of serious scandals or something of that sort.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:10:11 AM »

"A black man voting for the Republicans makes about as much sense as a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.” - JC Watts Sr.

well weve been through this many times on this board....

it wasnt a republican standing in the schoolhouse door in alabama.  it wasnt a republican who defied orders to let blacks in little rock central high school.  it wasnt a republican who wouldnt let james merideth into the university of mississippi (by the way, merideth is a republican now)  it wasnt the republicans who filibustered the civil rights bill of 1964.

saying that *all* blacks should vote for one political party over another is just as ignorant as saying all blacks should like watermelon.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 02:39:10 PM »

Not at all, why would I be?  But I agree with Lewis Trondheim that 1865 would've been the best time.  I would have indentured Southern Whites for 20-40 years in servitude to Blacks. 

Since we failed to do that, giving each black person say $100-200K or so over time, taxed away from the top 5% of the economic heirarchy, would be a good idea.  That should be in addition to the generous welfare state that should be implemented for all poor americans.

hey opebo, im a white southerner, and guess what i never owned any damn slaves.  why should i pay *NON-SLAVES* one cent?

i dont owe them anything.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »

and opebo you really need to get over your continual bashing of white southerners.

most of my family comes from a rather meager background.  they werent oppressing anyone, they didnt have the ability to do so even if they wanted to.

i dont know much about your background  you do, however, always throw up the fact that you come from a lot of money.  it is more probable that your family oppressed poor folks and minorities more than my family ever did.

get over yourself and this ridiculous bashing of white southerners.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies