a question to ponder.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:05:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  a question to ponder.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a question to ponder....  (Read 8098 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: February 23, 2005, 02:04:33 PM »

"A black man voting for the Republicans makes about as much sense as a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.” - JC Watts Sr.

African Americans have been the Dems most loyal constituency for genertaions, but the Dems have yet to honor their loyalty by considering one for the national ticket, let alone actually nominating an African American to the national ticket.  It's time the Dems put their money where their mouth is, instead of giving lip service every four years.   

African Americans need reparations a lot more than they need a token national candidate. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 02:35:23 PM »

Not at all, why would I be?  But I agree with Lewis Trondheim that 1865 would've been the best time.  I would have indentured Southern Whites for 20-40 years in servitude to Blacks. 

Since we failed to do that, giving each black person say $100-200K or so over time, taxed away from the top 5% of the economic heirarchy, would be a good idea.  That should be in addition to the generous welfare state that should be implemented for all poor americans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies