a question to ponder.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:57:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  a question to ponder.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a question to ponder....  (Read 8109 times)
Notre Dame rules!

« on: February 22, 2005, 07:26:29 PM »

I seem to recall the Al Gore (Sr) was one of the Democrat Senators that was fillibustering the Civil Rights Act.   I don't believe that the fillibuster had a single GOP member.  In fact, on a percentage basis, more GOP senators voted for the CRA than did Dems.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

I rather think that Mr watts has voted for his son, a conservative Republican.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 11:16:21 PM »

Reparations!  You'e joking, right?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 07:34:20 AM »

More than 620,000 American soldiers (North and South) were killed during the Civil war.  Nearly a million more were wounded.  Reparations have already been paid--in blood.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 07:05:32 PM »

Akno,

I don't think that Condi would get 50% of the vote.  However, I do think that she would get a very large percentage of the vote, possibly as hig as 30%.  Were she only to get 20%, the result is the same--Dems lose.

The Dems have gained a loyal following among black Americans by keeping them dependent on government handouts.  As the black middle class continues to expand, the grip that the Dems hold over African-Americans will loosen. 

Keep in mind, Democrats cannot win without the near total fealty of black voters, whereas Republicans have shown they can win with minimal support from blacks.

It is indeed ironic that it is GOP administrations that promote blacks to positions of great power, while their friends in the Democrat Party pay them just enough lip service to keep them on the plantation.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 07:16:43 PM »

maybe, but the Dems have token blacks in token positions of power.  There is a difference.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 07:25:44 PM »

kso,

Very true.  The American people saw right thru Mondales lame attempt to woo women voters by picking Ferraro as his running mate.  It was clear to all that it was merely a calculated move to win votes, not a serious pick for Veep.

If you recall, it was the MSM that lauded Bush's pick of Cheney, in an effort to give him 'gravitas.' 

For years later, Kerry picks Edwards in an effort to have 'great hair.'  Jeez!
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »

Opebo,

I had five ancestors killed in the Civil War--3 Confederates and 2 Unionists.  @ more of my Confederate ancestors were wounded, and all of them lost their farms due to taxes during the Reconstruction.

While the 40 acres and a mule may not have gone to a freed slave, it didn't stay in the family either.  My family, from both sides of the Mason-Dixon, HAS paid reparations, and I sure as hell won't pay any more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies