Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:46:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71964 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: July 18, 2015, 10:30:14 PM »
« edited: July 18, 2015, 10:37:20 PM by cinyc »

Given his vote against dissolution of the bourgeois state, the People's Republic of the Midwest invalidates the authority of supposed representative of the Midwest, Senator Snowguy716 to give us voice in the den of thieves that is the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia. I am hereby appointing myself as Midwest Regional Senator.

I will not resign from my post as Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars in order to take this post. I will serve in both positions concurrently, effective immediately. The Senate needs a revolutionary oppositionist, and only I (at the present juncture) can claim that mandate and bring an end to the travesty that is the Republic of Atlasia.

That's blatantly unconstitutional.  You can't hold a Senate and regional office simultaneously.  Nor can you dismiss the duly elected Senator of the region.  

Like your revolt, this is all treason.  A non-partisan AG would have brought you up on charges already.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »

Snowguy716 never swore in for his term. Therefore, he rejected the appointment that I gave him back when I initially resigned. As I have declared null and void the Midwest Constitution, there are no conflicts of interest between my serving as Regional Senator (in order to better burn down the Republic of Atlasia's rotten social edifice) and as Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars.

The Article V, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Atlasian Constitution says otherwise.  You have no power to unilaterally null and void the Midwest Constitution.  And regardless, you are still an officeholder in the Midwest, regardless of what megamaniacal title you've illegally bestowed upon yourself.   You cannot simultaneously be Senator and Archduke (or whatever you Midwesterners call your governor) at the same time.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 11:10:06 PM »

You throw your laws around assuming that I swear fealty to them. You are gravely mistaken. The only allegiance I have is to the working class.

I, TNF, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Midwest Regional Senator, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »

A detachment of Red Army troops has been sent to aid in the suppression of the fascist gangs attacking our comrades in the Northeast. Let this be a lesson to all enemies of the working class: we will speak to you only in the language of bullets!

The Northeast doesn't border the Midwest.  How did your supposed troops get there?  The Mideast would shoot down your invading aircraft before it reached the Northeast.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies