Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:00:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71943 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« on: September 28, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »

What are your thoughts on the Judiciary Branch Realignment Amendment?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »

TNF, your views on Israel are extremely flawed. Israel has been the one acting in self-defense since May of 1948. When nearly every country in your region wants to drive you into the sea and have attempted to do so on numerous occasions, wouldn't you understand why the have to maintain the military that they do. The sanctions against Israel by the Atlasian government must end and we treat all countries as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and both Ron and Rand Paul and that is this. Peace, commerce and honest trade with all nations and entangling alliances with none. With that said, we should end all foreign aid by this government to even the playing field. Israel's enemies receive nearly ten times what Israel does in any sort of aid.

Black Friday is not a holiday. Forcing businesses to double pay on that day will hurt the economy.

Did you just compare the Paul's with Washington and Jefferson?

Here, he's at least comparing the foreign doctrines (although somewhat incorrectly since Washington and Jefferson were obviously leaders of a FAR weaker America), not necessarily their net worth to American society. Of course, he has literally said elsewhere that he considers Ron and Rand Paul American heroes on the level of our founding fathers....
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:34:40 AM »

Congratulations, Senator!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »

Controversial legislation is a problem by itself

Why? If everyone has to agree with your legislation before you even propose it, what's the point of having a deliberative body?

Sorry, my bad, it was supposed to read: "Controversial legislation is not necessarily a problem by itself, but it is a problem when you are not willing to work with the rest of the Senate". But the point remains that some bills are just way too controversial to be considered serious. Just look at the widespread reaction to the Labor bill to change the names of several airports or the TNF Rational Education Act, or the backlash at the abortion bills in the Mideast. Is not only the (sometimes) bills that go too far, but many times has TNF rejected any possible compromise, thus destroying any chance of those bills to actually pass the Senate. Besides, most of the time the defense of his legislation is based on personal attacks, thus making the whole thing even more pointless.

I apologize, but that's just inaccurate. If nothing else, TNF is perfectly willing to compromise on his legislation, and almost never objects to watering down his own legislation, which I personally have been known to do from time to time.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:39:00 AM »

Let's look at the facts by looking at the most recent completed cycles (Passed, Vetoed, Tabled) of TNF legislation. The reason we're only looking at TNF legislation is because we are currently examining the claim that TNF clings to controversial legislation without furthering compromise. I'll take the last 6 TNF bills, and we'll see what the story is. I did NOT cherry pick; I just took the last 6 closed bills by TNF. 

• Collective Bargaining Modernization Act - First, I offered an amendment to water down the bill, and TNF, after some discussion, accepted it as friendly. He offered an amendment of his own, which was also processed. I then offered another amendment because I was still not comfortable with it. TNF accepted 2 of the 3 changes as friendly, and asked for a vote on the 3rd. Then, TNF voted FOR the bill to get it to the President's desk, where it was vetoed. He responded to all of my concerns, and, while he didn't agree, he eventually supported the final product. Status: Compromise
  • State Name Recognition Act of 2013 - This bill was relatively uncontroversial to begin with, and TNF did accept both of tmth's amendments as friendly. Status: Compromise, but so obviously uncontroversial as to be insignificant
  • Freedom of Law and Association Act - This was another relatively uncontroversial bill, and passed unamended. Status: So obviously uncontroversial as to be insignificant
  • Co-determination Act of 2013 - Here's an interesting one. The bill went immediately to final vote as there wasn't much debate. TNF indicated a desire to compromise, but our dear President Duke rejected it.
    I am open to entertaining a redraft if the President would consider it, rather than vetoing the bill. At any rate, if the bill is vetoed, I will continue to place it in the queue until it becomes law.
    I can't imagine anything I can do to make this something I could support.
    I am not going to defend TNF continually placing it in the queue, because that is not an action with which I agree, but the issue here is compromise, and TNF certainly offered it. This offer was rejected by the President, which is his prerogative. The option, however, was there. Status: Compromise
  • Referendum on the Use of Military Force Amendment - This had a very interesting vote breakdown, because tmth very consistently likes to defer power to the people on amendments, which I appreciate, and I agreed with him, along with TNF and Gass. Essentially, people made up their minds and voted, and there was essentially no debate. There was no opportunity for compromise, although the bill was controversial. Status: Neutral
  • Amendment to The Productivity Equalization and Worker Employment Act of 2011 - This one is an obvious one. There was not much debate, and the bill went to Duke unamended. Duke sent back a redraft. After much deliberation, TNF agreed to the watered down version. Note that TNF was perfectly willing to negotiate a redraft. Again, he compromised on controversial legislation. Status: Compromise

So, it appears we had 4 pieces of controversial legislation out of the 6, 3 with an opportunity for compromise, and TNF stepped up on all 3.

3/3 is pretty solid. This is a lot of work for me to compile which is why I stopped, but it's really, really clear what the trend is.

There are lots of things I absolutely cannot defend about TNF's record. This is not one of those things.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »

I find it interesting that you chose to differentiate yourself from the right on environmentalism, when Brewer is so far to the right on that same issue.

I think that's what TNF was talking about. I'm not really offering a value judgment of his statements, but I'm pretty sure that's where he's coming from.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 09:10:31 PM »

I find it interesting that you chose to differentiate yourself from the right on environmentalism, when Brewer is so far to the right on that same issue.

I think that's what TNF was talking about. I'm not really offering a value judgment of his statements, but I'm pretty sure that's where he's coming from.

Brewer was not his environmental advisor! Tongue

True, but that doesn't preclude Brewer, whose main policy point has been to be a far-right environmentalist, from casting that shadow.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 05:00:17 PM »

Senator, I think it's time for us to finally have a debate on the issues. I sincerely apologize for the long wait, but I still can't find a moderator who both of us could consider impartial. Do you have any proposals for a moderator?

Perhaps a panel of moderators would be best? One Federalist, one Progressive, one Laborite, and one Democratic-Republican?

That would be perfect indeed, and it would certainly secure a very engaging debate! I would like to suggest Tyrion as the Laborite moderator, and Scott or Siren as the Progressive moderator. I'm not sure about the Federalist and the Democratic-Republican, though.

I'm down!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 06:58:16 PM »

Congrats comrade! Another session!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »

Congrats!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length