Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:20:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71839 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: January 20, 2014, 06:51:00 AM »
« edited: January 20, 2014, 09:04:43 AM by Adam C. FitzGerald »

Endorsed for re-election! While we disagree on some social issues like gun control or marijuana, we seem to agree on about everything economic related and some other social views so if I do end up deciding to move to the Midwest, you'll be my first preference!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:48 PM »

Thanks for the endorsement, but I'm going to stand by my abstention from an endorsement in the Midwest Senate race since I disagree with you heavily on foreign policy and drug policy, on the constitutionality of the You-Know-What Act, and because there was clear, backdoor sabotaging of the next Althing elections.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »

Backstabbing=me voluntarily choosing to run in a free and fair election?
I mean, it's your right to be in the race, but it wasn't exactly voluntarily because after I left IRC last night, I found out you asked oakvale and TNF if you should run for Althing (most likely to spite me for my comments last night) and when they were open to it, you declared your candidacy very, very shortly after. It seems you're more concerned about reviving your own political career with the success of your lawsuit than actually giving a damn about the issues. In fact, you've never said a peep in any of the Althing threads.

If you choose to stay in this race, I am going to play rough though because our Midwest establishment is popular among regional voters and this region deserves an active, bipartisan legislature away from one-sided, extreme leftism.

16:39   AdamCFitzGerald   I've heard rumors you were actually behind why Snowstalker is running for Althing....
16:39   AdamCFitzGerald   That's not true, is it?
16:40   SnowstaIker   lol no
16:40      *** SnowstaIker is now known as oakvale
16:40   oakvale   He did say in here "should I run"?
16:40   oakvale   and me and TNF said "if you want"
16:40   oakvale   that's about it though
16:40   oakvale   he wants to rehabilitate his horrible reputation I think
16:40      *** TNF joined #atlasforum
16:40   oakvale   comrade!
16:40   oakvale   guess who I was talking about when I said "oakvale   he wants to rehabilitate his horrible reputation I think"
16:41   TNF   yo oakvale
16:41   TNF   hmmm
16:41   TNF   snowstalker?
16:41   oakvale   ding ding ding

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 10:20:30 PM »

lol @ adam fitzgerald talking about bipartisanship (the Labor Party controls all but 1 seat in the Midwest Legislature)
The legislature is smaller than most of Atlasia's regional legislatures though and even with just one Federalist, we're still more than willing to work with Spamage. In his short time in the legislature, the two of us worked together to stop the construction of any new nuclear power plants to avoid the creation of any new nuclear waste and find alternative forms of energy (though it narrowly failed). Same goes for Cris and despite party affiliation, we elected him Pres. Pro Tempore and we had several laws passed that were unanimous votes.

If the Midwest Labor Party was seeking to end all forms of bipartisanship, don't you think when Cris announced he was stepping down that we would have attempted to win that 3rd seat? We agree as a legislature that there does need to be a good balance among parties and ideologies, but given the MW is Labor-heavy, the legislature does represent the citizens.

Backstabbing=me voluntarily choosing to run in a free and fair election?
I mean, it's your right to be in the race, but it wasn't exactly voluntarily because after I left IRC last night, I found out you asked oakvale and TNF if you should run for Althing (most likely to spite me for my comments last night) and when they were open to it, you declared your candidacy very, very shortly after. It seems you're more concerned about reviving your own political career with the success of your lawsuit than actually giving a damn about the issues. In fact, you've never said a peep in any of the Althing threads.
There was talk in the IRC about Snowstalker running before you made those comments
There were also rumors that he was going to reenter the Presidential race, to.

My opponent is opposed to democracy and believes it is homophobic to run against gay people in an election. Keep this in mind as you go to vote in a few weeks.
This notion that I oppose democracy is ridiculous. I support the constitutional right to free speech and you can even have the right to be as loud and offensive as you want, but not when you use that free speech to provoke somebody, especially if they're a bullied minority like the LGBT. Also, you're taking my words out of context. I referred to you specifically as "anti-gay" and that's because you're the main guy responsible for why LGBT kids will continue to commit suicide and homophobes continue to get away with robbing and beating up LGBT people without proper reprimand. I don't consider it "homophobic" that you're running against me or Sol. That's absurd.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »

We've definitely had our share of arguments Senator, but nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck in your campaign for re-election. I'll admit, you've done a lot for this region over the past year, some bad, but also some good. I just hope that following this civil war, your campaign gives ideas as Rep. GAworth said and not negative attacks on your opponent.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »

Congratulations Senator! This is not only a win for Labor, but a win for our region. We've put our grudges aside and now the Midwest has two strong leaders willing to work together for the better of the Midwest! You've represented our region well as an active voice and I know you'll continue to do just that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies