Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 35
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71088 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »

Congrats on another fine victory.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »

Congrats fellow comrade Smiley

I wish you best of luck while you continue your journey in the senate.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »

Well done. While the ongoing Federalist lawsuit that aims to abolish universal healthcare by judicial fiat shows that our opponents don't always care about the results of elections, we'll move into the next session with a clear mandate, and we'll need your leadership more than ever before.

Now let's not be hyperbolic here. Riley is the one who filed suit, not the party. You urge caution whenever someone equates Labor with TNF, I suggest you do the same here- especially considering that, unlike TNF, Riley is not a party official nor is he the one putting out most of its legislative proposals.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2014, 10:44:59 AM »

Wonderful news! Congratulations!
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »

Congratulations, comrade!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #480 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »

We had a massive storm system come through my neck of the woods last night that collapsed power lines and knocked my cable out. I'm currently posting via a WiFi hotspot (that I won't have access to after a few hours) and so I wanted to take the opportunity to note that I will be absent as a result. The cable company says that they'll try to get us back up and running in the next 24-48 hours, but the outage could last as long as 4 days, and so I might not be able to post until July 6.

In lieu of that, I would like to declare a leave of absence until Sunday, July 6, or until my cable gets back up and running, whichever comes sooner. I apologize for this and ask that legislation of which I am sponsor not be put to a final vote in the time that I will be gone, if that is at all possible. Thank you all, I am sorry for the inconvenience.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2014, 02:16:05 PM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #482 on: July 08, 2014, 06:50:47 AM »

As James from Rocket Power used to say "Tisk tisk tisk!"

Anybody who opposes the Senator will have to deal with the full weight of the Workingman's Paper.  You can rest assured of that.

And believe me, it ain't gonna be pretty.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »

COMRADES!

What Federalists are imagining right now

For the first time in the history of our fair Republic, the working class has taken control of the Senate. With the rightful certification of the ballots cast for proletarian leadership of the Senate by our esteemed comrade Windjammer (he shall be sorely missed), I have taken up the position of President Pro Tempore of the Senate. I shall make it my utmost priority as PPT to reform the outdated and counterproductive body of Senate rules and procedures, and utilize my power as PPT as a bludgeon against bourgeois sensibility and against the oppression of the working class by the parasitic vampires of the bourgeois class.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #484 on: August 12, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »

The Augean stables of the Senate have needed cleaning for years. I trust that you will be the one to do it.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #485 on: August 12, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »

Official seal of the Office of the President Pro Tempore of the Senate

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 1
Proletarianization of the Senate
President Pro Tempore of the Senate and Regional Senator TNF of the Midwest

The salary for members of the Senate shall be reduced from its present $174,000 per year to that of the average median income for a skilled worker. Henceforth, the salary for all members of the Senate shall be $50,000 per year, adjusted annually to account for increases in the average median income for skilled labor in the Republic of Atlasia.

Henceforth, the Senate leadership shall no longer be paid a salary higher than what is paid to rank-and-file members of the Senate.

Henceforth, no Senator shall be permitted to claim an income outside that of income earned as a Senator, until his or her term has expired.

This directive shall take effect immediately.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #486 on: August 12, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

Yankee is the rightful PPT. You lost the race even with your votes counting.  Stand down your directive immediately.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #487 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02:53 PM »

Congrats on finally breaking through. When do I get guillotined? Tongue
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #488 on: August 12, 2014, 11:06:15 PM »

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 1
Proletarianization of the Senate

The salary for members of the Senate shall be reduced from its present $174,000 per year to that of the average median income for a skilled worker. Henceforth, the salary for all members of the Senate shall be $50,000 per year, adjusted annually to account for increases in the average median income for skilled labor in the Republic of Atlasia.

Henceforth, the Senate leadership shall no longer be paid a salary higher than what is paid to rank-and-file members of the Senate.

Henceforth, no Senator shall be permitted to claim an income outside that of income earned as a Senator, until his or her term has expired.

This directive shall take effect immediately.

Forbidding a senator from their private job and the rights of said income from private labor is a no no.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #489 on: August 12, 2014, 11:13:24 PM »

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 2
Regulations concerning the Senate cafeteria

The Senate cafeteria shall henceforth only procure materials from worker owned and managed cooperatives. In cases where a worker owned or managed cooperative does not produce materials needed by the Senate cafeteria, the procurement of materials must be from a company that uses union labor.

All renovations to the Senate cafeteria, or to any part of the Senate chambers, shall henceforth be made with union labor.

The Senate cafeteria shall henceforth not employ managers except those chosen by the workers of the Senate cafeteria themselves by secret ballot. The workers shall manage the cafeteria themselves, set working hours, and determine their roles at work by democratic means from this point forward.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #490 on: August 12, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »

Congrats on finally breaking through. When do I get guillotined? Tongue

I could never guillotine a fellow Laborite. Wink Thank you for your kind words and keep up the good work as GM, Comrade Napoleon.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #491 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:46 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2014, 11:50:57 PM by PPT TNF »

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 3
Honoring Revolutionaries Past

The Office of the President of the Pro Tempore shall utilized excess funds gained as a result of the reduction in Senate salaries (as established in Senate Directive No. 1) to contract union sculptors to create a series of busts for display in the Senate foyer. These busts shall honor those revolutionaries and fighters for the working class of the past that have shaped and continue to shape Atlasian political thought and help make sense of a world torn apart by the class struggle.

The busts shall be of the following persons --

Thomas Paine
Thomas Jefferson
Maximillien Robespierre
Karl Marx
Friedrich Engels
John Brown
Abraham Lincoln
Eugene Debs
Mary Harris 'Mother' Jones
William 'Big Bill' Haywood
James Connolly
Vladimir Lenin
Rosa Luxemburg
Leon Trotsky
Alexandra Kollontai
Malcolm X
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Adam Griffin
Averroes Nix
Dallasfan65
Mechaman
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #492 on: August 12, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »

None of this falls within the purview of the PPT.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #493 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:33 PM »

None of this falls within the purview of the PPT.

[citation needed]
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #494 on: August 12, 2014, 11:36:22 PM »

Endorsed for all future elections
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #495 on: August 12, 2014, 11:40:24 PM »

Yankee is the rightful PPT. You lost the race even with your votes counting.  Stand down your directive immediately.

It was a tie, Johanus, and Windjammer broke the tie in favor of TNF. That is how the Senate works.

Also, Senators have a salary and a cafeteria?

Also, I don't particularly like putting Jefferson the slaveowner up on a pedestal, figuratively or literally.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #496 on: August 12, 2014, 11:51:15 PM »

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 2

The Senate cafeteria shall henceforth only procure materials from worker owned and managed cooperatives. In cases where a worker owned or managed cooperative does not produce materials needed by the Senate cafeteria, the procurement of materials must be from a company that uses union labor.

All renovations to the Senate cafeteria, or to any part of the Senate chambers, shall henceforth be made with union labor.

The Senate cafeteria shall henceforth not employ managers except those chosen by the workers of the Senate cafeteria themselves by secret ballot. The workers shall manage the cafeteria themselves, set working hours, and determine their roles at work by democratic means from this point forward.

Seems to me a good time for some good ol' fashion union bustin'.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2014, 11:52:51 PM »

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 2

Hey, you're not a Senator, so perhaps you shouldn't tell the Senate how to manage its employees.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #498 on: August 12, 2014, 11:55:38 PM »

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 2

Hey, you're not a Senator, so perhaps you shouldn't tell the Senate how to manage its employees.

Forced unionization is immoral dude. Sounds like someone needs to read Hayek and Mises.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2014, 11:57:56 PM »

SENATE DIRECTIVE NO. 4
Concerning recreational use of Cannabis

The President Pro Tempore henceforth recognizes the right of all Senators to engage in the recreational smoking of Cannabis while on the Senate floor or elsewhere in the Senate chamber.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies